Forum

Hello to you all!

My Call Sign is 'Nova'.
The Bell 212 is my favorite, because it was this beautiful shape in the sky with this wonderful sound. D-HBZS and D-HBZT were the SAR helicopters in the region where I grew up. It was next to the Baltic Sea. I am from Germany and am 44 years old. My timezone is UTC +1.

My internet connection is a 120Mbit cable.
I have got a very flexible availabilty due to my freelance work. Sometimes my real life workload is very intensive and dense even over the weekend. Sometimes it is just relaxed. My most active DCS times are the evening hours.

My DCS flight hours are decent. The Huey was the reason I came to DCS a year ago. But just recently I finished my selfmade IR-tracker. Therefore I estimate my real immersive DCS-Huey time around 50 hours. I still have to practice autorotation and a lot more. I have also the Ka-50, Gazelle and Mi-8 available.
I have some experience with the mission editor. At least I can include JTACs in the missions in order to carry them to the battle with the Huey and to let them designate targets.

As I said above, the Bell 212 was my first love. Therefore my favorite model in DCS is the Huey. And I am exited about the multicrew feature.
My first real life helicopter flight was as passenger in a AS350 Écureuil. My second flight was with the Army from "Hungriger Wolf" airfield in an UH-1D. And I enjoyed very much the Mi-8 as I practiced parachuting above Moscow. And with my experice of living in Russia for some time, I have a quite nostalgic feeling that comes with the Ka-50 and Mi-8 DCS models. I am fond of the lightweight Gazelle and its reconnaissance mission. Yet, the first model I want to be really good at is the Huey.

What are my expectations? - To get to know more enthusiasts and to learn to fly in a realistic way. I will invest my time to fly better and better in this simulation. Later I would like to include skills like navigation and would love to share these in a multicrew setting. Step by step I want to grow into multiplayer missions. My absolute favorite mission would be SAR. So if there are some SAR and PJ people around here, please let me know.
Please let me also know, where I may help out in the BSD community from your point of view.

One final warning:
I know Georgia and the region around Batumi. I experienced fantastic hospitality as well as more scary armored APCs under the rule of Aslan Abashidze. I enjoyed the beaches, the fresh fish and the crazy architecture that came under the rule of Mikheil Saakashvili. And I love traditional Khachapuri. I even started once from Batumi Airport with an airliner toward Istanbul. So please forgive me or join in, when nostalgica comes over me while flying in that region... ;)

979_1_Nova_parachuting_Moscow_2002.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
  • Re: New Application - 'Nova'

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Nova.

Thank you for your awesome intro post. Hope to see you soon in the skies with us.

Thank you said by: nova

by » 3 years ago

Nice intro Welcome I know the rush of jumping out of a chopper (206) did it myself as a sports parachutist using a Par commander 3 oh so many years ago. 

by » 3 years ago

Love your intro Nova! Welcome!

by » 3 years ago

Let's get you set up Nova, Join our discord if you haven't yet and lets get you with a trainer for a very informal flight just to get to know you.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

by » 3 years ago

Thank you Blackwolf!
    My flight is scheduled for this friday evening. I am looking forward to it!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.