Forum

• call sign: Simon
  • type of internet connection and speed: fiber 1Gb
  • timezone: CET (Budapest)
  • availability during the week and or weekends: almost every night usually after 1700Z
  • approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: I bought DCS in 2011, started with the A-10C, I dare not to guess, probably too much 😅
  • knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Made some basic missions, familiar with all concepts, just not much practice, also did some lua scripts with MOOSE
  • preferred chopper: AH64, UH-1, MI-24 in this order
  • expectations w.r.t BSD: I want to fly and coordinate with competent pilots, learn about tactics and procedues and sumberge in immersion

I was born 1982 Hungary, was fascinated by flight since I can remember, always wanted to be a pilot.
I applied to the Hungarian Airfoce but I failed the physical checkups, my eyes and spine was not up to spec sadly. (neither my psychic evaluation probably ðŸ˜€ )
I could never afford a PPL, but I was able to fly paragliders for 8 years (recently had to give it up for medical reasons).
So as you might guess I obsessed about the next best thing, simulators. I started on 486 with some very cool vector graphics sims like the Longbow, Hind, Comanche, I still remember those games fondly, followed the flight sim scene since then.
I spent most of my time in Flacon 4.0 , MSFS, X-plane, DCS. My goal was always to try to imitate real life procedurs as much as possible. I read all the PPL, CPL and ATPL materials just for fun for the civ. sims.
I read all the unclassified manuals I could put my hands on for thre mil. sims.
Read all about the physics of fligth for both fixed wing and rotary. I have good general understanding about every aspect of flight but I'm no professional, and can still learn a lot.

I'm looking forward to flying with you all, I'm sure I will be able to learn a lot and enjoy my stay if I get it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.