Forum

call sign - groundhog
age - 46
type of internet connection and speed - cable, 50MBit/s
timezone - UTC+1 (Switzerland)
availability during the week and or weekends - during the week varies, mostly Tue or Thu. Weekend during the evenings
approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS - offline: Huey 190,5h, Mi-8 146h, Gazelle 40h, KA-50 22h / online: probably around 400 with Mi-8 and Huey.
knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor - know how triggers work
preferred chopper - Mi-8 (transport preferred), folowed by the Huey. Even though I had some AH/Gunship practice online, I prefer transportation.
your expectations w.r.t BSD. - interesting missions with different flights / learning upcoming helicopters within the group

Introduction: I started DCS probably around 2016 with the Ka-50 (and FC) because I thought it may be easier to fly than the Huey. Soon after I bought the Huey though and it felt a lot more like what I was looking for. When the Mi-8 came out, I first didn't buy it. I always thought it must be an "old" module because the helicopter didn't look very spectacular. However, people in the forums all said "it's the best module". Thus, I bought it and never regret it.
In 2017, I started with some DCS videos. That's when Molevich contacted me and asked to join BSD which I did. Unfortunately it didn't work out at this time for various reasons and I left toward 229th and the 8-Mates where I made my Senior Wings with the Mi-8.
Things grew, had to do FL or SC sometimes and I flew almost 3x a week which simply became too much after 1,5 year. I took a break and flew "every now and then" offline again, mainly the campaigns. So here I am, trying BSD for the 2nd time, hoping it's turning out well this time.
As mentioned with the prefered choppers, my favourite task is transport (troops and/or sling load).
Thus, I'm curious to see how things work and I'm looking forward to fly with you (not 3x a week anymore though wink!)

I already had my introduction flight with Molevich last week btw.

• Re: New application - Groundhog

by » 3 years ago

Thanks for this intro Groundhog. Welcome back to BSD. I am glad you realized who is, by far, the best RW squadron in the World after all. wink

Things evolved a lot since you left. But I saw you already on Discord so you know the drill.

See you soon in the virtual skies.

by » 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure things evolved quite a lot laughing So yeah, see you soon online (downloaded the mods yesterday and should be ready to go).

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Groundhog!

You are now promoted to Private with trainee status.
    You now have access to The Pilots mess and the BSD library.
    Our welcome guide is HERE
    BSD SOP is HERE
    Brevity is HERE
    Our mods that you will need are HERE (you have them I think...)
    Tutorial for the mods HERE

Simple Radio is required. You can find that HERE

For a quicker access to our missions until you can read the SOP, here is a quick reference handbook.

Your training file has been built make sure you log your flight time every time you fly with a BSD member. Use commas not decimals. A flight in your log book is 2,5 not 2.5. Also check out the 1000 task's in the menu. HERE  
    We will start your RL training right away, feel free to join any Training mission you can.

That's what you will work on first. When you are ready to get checked off on a decent group of them, ask for an IP to fly with you and verify.

Your hours (defined as time flying a helicopter with one or more BSD pilots) are logged on the website under Pilots/Pilot logbook / military file, and the Platoon you pick, UH,OH or AH

Welcome to the group, I look forward to flying with you again soon.

Remember our servers are 24/7 and you may use them anytime you wish. Missions can be started through the F10 menu, and are grouped by airfield/takeoff.

Molevitch

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.