Forum

New joiner

in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago

Callsign: Stiltskin

Connection type/speed: Standard broadband I guess ~30mbs

Availability: Most evenings

Flight Hours: 16 hrs rotary, 160 hrs fixed (although I probably had like 300+hours back when BS was first released yonks ago)

Mission Editor knowledge: Beginner (enough to set up my own noddy training missions)

Expectations: Chilled atmosphere, bit of banter, ability to come and go according to personal commitments. Keen to try the new Huey multi crew as it looks fucking sick.

• Re: New joiner

by » 3 years ago

Hello Stilskin. Thanks for this intro.

We are not too hard on the commitments. Make sure you can attend a training or a mission once a month and everything will be great. Flying helicopters is a bit harder than flying fixed wing and as such it requires more muscle memory. That's why we want to make sure that things you will learn here are not going through the drain every time you are coming back to fly with us. On BSD you will find pretty much every profile of chair pilots. From the casual to the hardcore milsim. In order to make everyone (mostly) happy, we had to put in place some basic skills requirements to avoid frustrations on both side of the spectrum: you won't be able to jump right in a combat mission with us, but you are not going to spend months either at learning enough to be cleared to. Most of our new pilots are set for combat missions after a couple of weeks of training flights. 

If this is ok for you, jump on our BSD Discord Server and ask for a introduction flight. We have plenty of really dedicated pilots willing to take you for a ride on our training server and let you have a glimpse on how we are working here so you can take an informed decision whether this squadron is suitable for you.

See you soon online.

• Re: New joiner

by » 3 years ago

Hey Stiltskin,

Cheers for throwing up a post in here. Looking forward to our Intro tonight - you'll love it here 😊

DJ

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.