Forum

New Application

in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago

your call sign: Gooseboy (assigned by another squadron)

your age: 29

your type of internet connection and speed: Wired, 453 Mbps up, 22 Down

your timezone: Eastern US

your availability during the week and or weekends: I am available in the mornings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On weeknights I am available from 0000-0300 (Second Shift worker) Weekends I'm on call but depending on the time, I can be very available.

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: had a couple reinstalls but I'll wager roughly 700, but around 3000 on other flight sims (mostly FSX/P3D)

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: I've played around with it, I can make simple missions but nothing fancy.

your preferred chopper: I currently have the most hours in the Mi-8, around 2-300 between SP campaigns and MP. I fully intend on maintaining currency in the Hip, but also becoming proficient in the Mi-24 and OH-58 when they release.

your expectations w.r.t BSD. - I want to be a better DCS Chopper pilot, and learn as much as I can about methods, tactics, tips, etc. I also want to be part of a large community that is as passionate about combat helicoptering as I am. I also enjoy support functions so I would like to work on doing ATC, JTAC, and the like

• Re: New Application

by » 3 years ago

Hi Gooseboy. Thanks for this intro.

It sounds like you have a good experience on the Mi8. We are organized around 3 activities: UH, AH and OH. The Mi8 belong to the UH. But the Mi-24 will be part of the AH and the OH-58D of the OH. So from next year, you will have to choose one of the platform. Trainings are slightly different according to the tasks and platform.

Next step is the intro flight. Are you Sledgehammer427 on Discord? Give us a shout when you are available and we will have a quick flight around Sochi-Adler for a quick eval (evals work both sides). No pass/fail here. It's just a way for each other to meet and have an idea on the training required.

See you soon online!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.