Forum

your call sign: RenkoH  (Usually go by just Renko, but since there is a guy with same nickname, i just add an H at the end if thats ok)

your age (must be over 18 years old): 37

your type of internet connection and speed: Fiber - 600mb (up & down)

your timezone: GMT +1 (Spain)

your availability during the week and or weekends: Pretty much anytime, but being a freelance at the moment depends mostly on the incoming work

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: I dont even know at this point. I've been flying since Blackshark was a stand alone software. But activelly doing MP since 2 years

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Medium-High

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): I love them all, and fly them good. So i'm most interested on the mission and the challenge. I'm leanning towards OH role, but would love to fly all.

your expectations w.r.t BSD.: I'm always up to challenges and trying to do better on an airframe. So i just expect that. Learn new things, challenge myself, and having fun in the process

about me: Well, i'm from Spain. I'm confortable leading flights in FW, but since RW in MP is kinda new to me. It may take a while to get used to, and relax.
I hope my english accent dont get too thick in stress situations :)

Got some recomendation of BSD from guys on my virtual squadron (Escuadrón69). I know at least two of them are in your squadron.
So i decided to finally make the jump, and here i am

• Re: New Application - RenkoH

by » 3 years ago

Welcome RenkoH. I hope you will enjoy flying with us.

We operate in readiness levels. When you start, you are RL3 or trainee. After you do some tasks (which can be done in 3-6 flying sessions) you are considered mission ready or RL2. After some more training, you progress to RL1, with benefit of you being able to participate in multisquad missions.

Regarding some stuff you wrote in your application: you are free to fly any helicopter you want, but the way we operate is that you need to select your primary platoon (AH,OH,UH). What this means is that you will do your initial training on your selected helicopter and after getting mission ready, you are free to do the same for other helicopters. One more thing to consider is that when you apply for a mission in a platoon different from your primary one, for example if you are OH pilot and you apply for UH slot, pilots from UH platoon have preference over you for that slot, regardless of your or theirs RL. That preference expires 24h prior to mission start, after that, that slot is yours.

If you have any questions, feel free to jump on Discord and ask.

miki

• Re: New Application - RenkoH

by » 3 years ago

Thanks Miki

I see. Make sense.
    I will go for OH as primary since its the more new/challenging for me.

I think the only thing left is say hi on discord and ask for a checkride there, or should i ask elsewhere?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.