Forum

Call sign: Snack
Type of Internet: 1gbit/ up and down
Time Zone: Central / UTC-6
Availability: Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat after 1800 CST
Approx Flight Hours:1-200 hrs 98% in the Huey
Knowledge of DCS Mission Editor: 3/10
Preferred Chopper: HUEY!!!!!
Expectations: Learn more than I currently know with people sharing the same interest in RW aviation as myself.

About Me: 14year Army Veteran all as a combat medic and the last 2 years as a Flight medic. I have a soft spot for Dustoff after my overseas deployments and naturally the Huey has been my go to Chopper. 

• Re: New Application Snack

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Snack! 

We have quite a few vets here and yes, a flight medic as well.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

by » 3 years ago

Thanks sounds awesome and I definitely work odd hours as ive been on night shift for almost a decade. I will be back on wed and hopefully can get the intro flight scheduled then, and thanks for the warm welcome!!

by » 3 years ago

No problem, reach out for any IP or UT you see online. I never know my schedule from week to week but if I'm around I'll be more than happy to Intro flight with you. It wont take but an hour or less.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.