Forum

Hi everyones, 

• your call sign : Giat
  • your age (must be over 18 years old) : 39YO
  • your type of internet connection and speed : Fiber 100M+
  • your timezone : C.E.T.  ( GMT+1 France )
  • your availability during the week and or weekends  : At least Once a Week !
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS : ~ 4000+ ( Mostly on planes )
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor : Medium level ( i dont know how to use Scripts )
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!) : For now the mi-8 but i'm waiting for the mi-24P !!! As french i do like the gazelle but ... you know the FM dont like my FFB joystick
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD : having Great Chopper flights, teach what i know to others and learn what i dont know  :)

I'm Giat, Virtual Pilot since years and i've flown ~4000+Hours on Lomac, FlammingClif, DCS environements on various aircrafts ( mainly Flankers and now Tomcats )
I'm From the 3rd-wing.net ( the old BAD CRC French Squad) and ,well, looks like its quite fun over here too :)
Your squad is kinda impressive if you listent BAD and i wanted to join you for some crazy impressive flights.

Hope flight with you all ! ( yeah, even you US fellas ! )

Giat.

• Re: Giat's Reporting in :)

by » 4 years ago

Hello Giat!

Thanks for that intro. It is kinda going backwards since you kinda flew already your intro flight. Memphis will get in touch with you but I discussed with him and you are already set up and good to go both on the website and discord as a trainee /Private.

You now have access to The Pilots mess and the BSD library.
    Our welcome guide is HERE
    BSD SOP is HERE
    Brevity is HERE
    Our mods that you will need are HERE
    Tutorial for the mods HERE

Simple radio is required. You can find that HERE

For a quicker access to our missions until you can read the SOP, here is a quick reference handbook.

Your training file has been built make sure you log your flight time every time you fly with a BSD member. Use commas not decimals. A flight in your log book is 2,5 not 2.5. Also check out the 1000 task's in the menu. HERE  
    We will start your RL training right away, feel free to join any Training mission you can.

That's what you will work on first. When you are ready to get checked off on a decent group of them, ask for an IP to fly with you and verify.

Your hours (defined as time flying a helicopter with one or more BSD pilots) are logged on the website under Pilots/Pilot logbook / military file, and the Platoon you pick, UH,OH or AH

Happy readings again and see you soon online!

by » 4 years ago

I'll try to do my best concerning the translation and understanding issues to satisfy all the BSD's requests :-)

by » 4 years ago

Hi Giat and welcome! We seem to have a lot in common you and I: Frenchmen, long time LOMAC players, Mi-8 tamers, and nearly the same age (I'm 38). Are you in the vicinity of Paris by any chance?

by » 4 years ago

Absolutely :-) 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.