Forum

Hello I am Brick!

I am 33 years old and live in VA in the EST/EDT time zone. I am a active member in JTF-1 flying F-18's and most of my DCS time has been in fixed wing aircraft. However my dad was a CH-53 pilot and also flew Kiowas for a bit so I have always had a soft spot for Helos. In fact my first real sim was Jane's Longbow 2 played that a ton. As far as DCS helos I have the UH-1 and have spent maybe 30 hour in it and I am fairly competent with it and enjoy flying it. I forsee my true preference in helos being the OH-58D once it is released. As far as my schedule I work a evening shift so most of my free time for flights would be late nights and weekends. Look forward to flying down low with you guys.

• Re: New Application for Brick

by » 4 years ago

Hello Brick and welcome to BSD. Thanks for the intro. Oh yes, how much we'd all love a CH-53 in DCS! We soon shall see how competent you are with the Huey. laughing I saw you found our DCS server already so you should be good and able to give an IP or UT a shout for a check ride. You will then be assigned to the UH US platoon and start your training on the Huey.

See you very soon online!

by » 4 years ago

Sounds good I debated grabbing the Gaz so I could start off in the OH prior to the Kiowa dropping but didn't think it made sense to spend money on it to probably rarely fly it after the 58 shows up.

by » 4 years ago

The Gaz is a sport car compared to the 58 but it doesn't have all the nice tech. There are already a couple of pilots in the UH waiting to transfer to OH when the 58 drops. No worry.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Brick

You are now promoted to Private with trainee status.
    You now have access to The Pilots mess and the BSD library.
    Our welcome guide is HERE
    BSD SOP is HERE
    Brevity is HERE
    Our mods that you will need are HERE
    Tutorial for the mods HERE

Simple radio is required. You can find that HERE

For a quicker access to our missions until you can read the SOP, here is a quick reference handbook.

Your training file has been built make sure you log your flight time every time you fly with a BSD member. Use commas not decimals. A flight in your log book is 2,5 not 2.5. Also check out the 1000 task's in the menu. HERE  
    We will start your RL training right away, feel free to join any Training mission you can.

That's what you will work on first. When you are ready to get checked off on a decent group of them, ask for an IP to fly with you and verify.

Your hours (defined as time flying a helicopter with one or more BSD pilots) are logged on the website under Pilots/Pilot logbook / military file, and the Platoon you pick, UH,OH or AH

Welcome to the group, we look forward to flying with you soon again.

Remember our servers are 24/7 and you may use them anytime you wish. Missions can be started through the F10 menu, and are grouped by airfield/takeoff.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.