Forum

Call sign      Ariakas

I am 56 yrs young

Connection 75mb broadband

MST    UTC -7:00

I am retired tech so I am available most days and evenings. Weekends hit and miss.

I have approx 20-40 hours in DCS. Mainly on the P51D. Started flying the Spitfire recently. Not much into jets.

I also have alot of hours on X-plane 11. Approx 70-100ish

Familiar with navigation to some extent. basic flight rules and 

I have dabbled on Mission Editor though I am not that proficient.

I prefer the Huey UH-1H. It is my favorite Chopper.

I would like to fly with like minded people. Not too serious but also want to learn and become a very good pilot. I have tried to join several groups on DCS too no avail. Either they want all the planes, terrians and mods installed, or they are just too serious for my liking.

I am weak in navigation so I am putting more time into that too. I have been really putting in the hours on the Huey lately doing hovering execises, Navigation tutorials and landing practice.

I have a full setup with a brand new Comp. Ryzen5 3600 with 32gb ripsaw RAM.

Logitech yoke, rudder pedals and throttle. An old Cyborg V.1 stick. I am getting a X52 in the next few days.

Looking forward to getting airbourne with the Huey here and stretching my knowledge, meeting new pilots and of course having alot of fun.

Cheers

• Re: New Application for Ariakas

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Ariakas!

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

• Re: New Application for Ariakas

by » 4 years ago

That sounds great to me. I just bought a X52 stick and am having a $@*% of a time getting the key bindings to work with the Huey.

They all show as working when I set them up in DCS. But in game they do not work?

But I don’t need them for an intro flight.

i am basically open most days and evenings.

anytime after let’s say, 2pm MST is good for me.

cheers

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.