Forum

Callsign: Maynard  ('Brother Maynard' only if you have the time and inclination)

Connection type/speed: 24Mb/s (Allegedly)

Timezone: +1 GMT (BST)

Availability: Varies - I rarely know more than a week in advance due to shift changes, weekends are more reliably free but not guarunteed.

Rotary Flight Hours: Ka-50 ~100hr, Gazelle 0hr (Just purchased)

Mission Editor knowledge: Intermediate, can create missions with triggers, will be learning to incorporate CombatFlite for ABRIS as I find out more about that program.

Expectations: First exposure to multiplayer DCS, and some fun teamwork and missions when I get the time

Personal Background: Active military, been ludicrously busy for the past few months due to covid. Love a bit of DCS, having started around 2011 with the A-10C and later AV-8B N/A. Eventually I graduated to rotary with the Ka-50, and am now looking forward to trying multiplayer for the first time! Outside of DCS, I enjoy a casual interest in history (particularly cold war), and am a bass trombonist in my local band!

• Re: New Application for Maynard

by » 4 years ago

Hello Maynard! Thanks for your introduction and thank you for your service, we have a number of active military from a number of countries on here,  and a diverse veterans community among the BSD. I hope you will enjoy this place and have a lot of flights and missions with us.  I note you are flying the KA-50 we have an Attack Helicopter Platoon commanded by Snakepit and I also notice you have recently acquired the Gazelle we also have an Observation Platoon commanded by myself. The choice is entirely up to you but I'm edging it will be Attack Helicopters. 

Your next move is to give an instructor a shout on the sign-in channel so we can take you through a fun and informal introduction flight! Nothing hard or formal. Just a get to know you and you get to know us short flight. You'll get some idea on how we fly and work.

See you soon online!

LATEO

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Brother! I'll give you the "Official" Post even though Lateo covered it.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Bro!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.