Forum

Hi guys

Callsign: Gizmo

Internet: Fibre BT

Timezone: Zulu

Availability: Depends on chores

Flight Time: DCS 0 hours but ex RN trained helo pilot with 90 hours on the real Gazelle HT2 before going onto ASW Sea Kings

Mission Editor: Not even looked at it

Preffered Chopper: Gazelle

Expectations: Looking to see what sim flying has to offer in relation to the real thing and enjoy hanging about in machines trying to tear themselves apart.

Hardware: I am currently awaiting a set of rudder pedals before I start on my training/test flight as using a twist grip isnt real enough for me. Once thats done I am building my own collective as well as a true cyclic for a simpit which is able to be packed away so the missus doesnt get annoyed with it constantly taking up space in the living room.

Anyway thats me guys and gals and look forward to flying with you.

• Re: New Application from Gizmo

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Gizmo, 

Thanks for your great intro , I see you were a bagger I was at 3 CBAS!  

Firstly we will try to set up an Introduction Flight (IF) with you and one of the Instructor pilots or unit trainers. It can be any time that you and a Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free. I see you fly the "whistling chicken leg like me" the Gazellle, great, There are plenty of Gazelle  drivers here from both sides of the Atlantic.We also have a member from Polychop aswell!

The IF gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.

Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

I'm sure an IP/UT will be along soon to set a time for your IF. in the mean time feel free to jump on Discord (https://discord.gg/xpJcNt) and say Hi

Welcome to the BSD.
    LATEO
    BSD_EU.

by » 4 years ago

Hi buddy.....not a bagger...pinger bud.....sat in a 40' hover waiting for it all to go wrong and going for a swim.....never flew with 3cbas but met a few when on holdover at YV....crazy dudes.....

Defo up for the IF as and when I get my pedals and tune my controls as the stick is very sensitive atm.....pedals should be here withi . The week.....vkb gmmmmmmm llomong forward to enjoying the tartness........

by » 4 years ago

Ha Ha, My bad it has been a while since I was at YV 1989 and as a Pongo throughout my career in the PJHQ forward working with RN personnel and understanding UK Cap, with Seaking variants of Junglies, Baggers and Pingers. Last stint in Afghanistan with NSE(HQ) we had some AEW variants out with us not much ASW requirement though!   I still have fond memories of the Dunker at YV!  Give me a shout on Discord and we will get you up and running!

LATEO

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Gizmo from the other side of the pond. looking forward to flying with you but I think I will need an interpreter if you and Lateo are flying at the same time tongue-out

by » 4 years ago

Hahahaha. We will try and refrain from military slang as best as possible when flying with others.......you could always get a copy of jackspeak and join in though......

Giz a sippers on your goffers shippers.......one for you to decipher in the meantime.....lol

by » 4 years ago

Wanted to delete this post but couldnt work out how so did this instead.....

by » 4 years ago

Wanted to delete this post but couldnt work out how so did this instead.....

by » 4 years ago

LATEO wrote:

Ha Ha, My bad it has been a while since I was at YV 1989!

LATEO

I was there on holdover awaiting RNEFTS with 899 in 1992.....got a few jollies with 845, 846 and 847 jungles but fradu was the best as got a couple in the hunter and when with 899 a go in the sea harrier t8 which cost me when back in the wardroom having to do the hover and ramp pots......that was nasty.....hahahaha

by » 4 years ago

Sandy Bottoms!

by » 4 years ago

LATEO wrote:

Sandy Bottoms!

Hahahahahaha......got a gob like Gandhi's flipflop so that will suffice for now until next the next brew

by » 4 years ago

Brew! Don't you mean Wet! First question when I was welcomed to the crew room at 3 BAS, "hello Shippers wanna wet!"   A what! 

by » 4 years ago

"Brew" as in brew up break to make a wet.....

by » 4 years ago

Don't get me started as a Royal Marine Mountain Leader in Norway pointed out a mug of "Easy Mans!"

by » 4 years ago

Easy mans.....that's not one I have heard of.....

by » 4 years ago

Easy mans.....that's not one I have heard of.....

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.