Forum

Callsign: Captain Rayo

Timezone: CET (Europe/Madrid)

Connection type/speed: Fiber 600 Mbps

Availability: Use to have time at night (22:00 CET and beyond) on weekdays. On weekend I have more availability usually in the afternoon

Flight Hours: DCS: Fixed Wings about 50hr. Rotatory: Gazelle about 15 hours. I have just bought UH-1H  and Ka-50 but 0 hours by now :) But I have a lot of flight hours with X-Plane and FSX in IVAO network (and some of ATC too)

Mission Editor knowledge: Basic elements disposal. start learning about triggers 

Preferred Helicopter: Well. Clearly the Gazelle as it is the one I own and am able to fly by now. I am enjoying it a lot. A lot to learn about it too. I don´t have any previous experience with hellicopters neither virtual or IRL.

Expectations: I am enjoying the Gazelle a lot so I want to improve my skills with it. I think the only way to have that learning path is in a group that is willing to offer their knowledge to others. BSD seems to be the most specialized scuadron I could find about helos so that is. And I have a lot of civilian virtual flight hours (mostly with VFR aircrafts) so I lack of knowledge about military strategy and execution but I am very interested in it. 

Beside that, I am a independent technical consultant specialized in video and telecommunications. I live in Cádiz, a small town at south Spain. Married and with two kids, a 15yo girl and a 13yo boy. 

Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry this has been published twice but I can not delete it

• Re: New application from Spain

by » 4 years ago

Captain Rayo, Welcome I think you came through from my Facebook DCS Gazelle page, great to see you here. I am LATEO! I’m one of the many Instructor Pilots in BlackSharkDen across Europe and the US. We are made up of three types AH,OH and UH we have training on most weeks, missions most weekends and fly joint missions with other squadrons. We have IRL rotary wing military pilots, commercial pilots and private pilots. We have a number of other military who have been aircrew, engineers and a raft of other trades! We have skilled mission editors, cockpit builders are some very capable simulator pilots! We are also privileged to have some Polychop guys who fly with us and support us! We also have a great training mechanism and once qualified you will be able go fly in some of the more crunchy missions! 

Captain Rayo we need to get an orientation booked in for you, as one of the Gazelle IPs for Europe I like to take part with the EU OH Platoon Commander Grinner or one of our number of Unit Trainers! Our Company Commander EU Blackwolf likes to come along!

Let us know what your availability is looking like on Didcord or on my FB page, we will get it into the BSD calendar. Really glad you took my advice to come and check us out you will love it here! The OH training particularly the Gazelle is having an overall so exciting times for aspiring OH pilots!

See you in the air

LATEO

Thank you said by: Captain Rayo

by » 4 years ago

Bienvenidos!   

Thanks for checking us out.  You're in good hands on the EU side with Lateo here.  

/Fargo

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Captain Rayo! As Lateo said, let us know when is a good time to do an intro flight. And we can get you started. Look forward to flying with you.

by » 4 years ago

Thank you for your kind welcome all.

These days in Spain we can not get out of home, so I am  available almost every day . A good time could be from 20:30 CET any day. On weekend I could use any hour in the morning if needed without any problem.

Hope to see you soon!

by » 4 years ago

Give us a shout on the Discord when you have time we can get the intro flight done. Very laid back, just a flight around and a chance to chat.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Captain!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.