Forum

New Applicant

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Callsign: Burner2-2

Connection type/speed: Fiber 1000mbps

Availability: Usually Fri-Sat, but recently because of Covid19 I’ve been cut back to 2 working days a week... so plenty of available time!

Flight Hours: UH-1H >500hrs, KA-50 Zero hrs don’t own the airframe, MI-8 <20hrs, Gazelle <2hrs

Mission Editor knowledge: Enough to place aircraft, arm them, save the mission and then fly it! My greatest DCS weakness if I had to say!

Preferred Helicopter: The Huey! It’s my baby, I love flying that airframe and am very proficient in it. It all goes downhill after the Huey though, the Gazelle would be my next favorite. The reason why I have such few hours in it is because it flys like a hummingbird in Arma3, it’s flight model is not a big enough workload to keep my attention and that’s why I have such few hrs... The MI8 has to be the sexiest sounding helicopter to start up, but my frustrations with this aircraft are, I can never seem to keep it in straight and level flight...

Expectations: Most recently I have never flown in a group or played online with others, my time was always spent flying with a close friend or by myself! After the tournament the other day I quickly realized I need to be part of a great group like this because I feel the knowledge you all can contribute will make me a better pilot!
I work in aviation as a refueler, unfortunately though, on third shift, so my time is either dedicated to very early mornings(EST) or on the weekends I’m available all day. Like I said above though for the next 6 weeks I’ve been cut back to 2 days a week because of lack of daily flights. I love telling the story, but most real life pilots think I’m full of s**t, but ask me about the time I flew a Bell 407 for the first time ever, having never flown a helicopter!

I look forward to flying with you guys and getting to know you all! 

Thank you for the opportunity, I hope I don’t disappoint you all!

• Re: New Applicant

by » 4 years ago

Welcome burner! If you love any helicopter enough to have over 500 hrs in it, BSD is an excellent place for you to fly it. The pilots here can definitely help you work on handling the Mi-8 and Gazelle like a champ, or you can stick to the Huey and not even give them a second look and still have a great time. Completely up to you. As we discussed in the DM, you'll be doing your intro flight shortly with Memphis. Hope you have a good time here and I look forward to seeing you in the skies!

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Burner! Glad to see you here. Since we have both a US and an EU group even if you work odd hours you can still find someone to fly with.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Burner was nice fling with you this AM

BaD will set you up as a trainee make sure you down load the mods and OvGME

if you need help setting them up in the proper place let me no

Statua is you platoon leader he will be in touch with you 

Our welcome guide is HERE
    BSD SOP is HERE
    Brevity is HERE
    Our mods that you will need are HERE
    Tutorial for the mods HERE

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.