Forum

Hello All,

Here is my application for the group.

Call sign: Shadow

Internet Type: 100Mbs DSL

Timezone: Mountain (UTC - 7)

Availability - weekdays after 6 p.m. and whenever on weekends.

Flight Hours:  I really don't know - several hundred maybe, probably more than 200, less than 500.

Mission Editor: I would say I'm competent.  I figure out things as I need them for single player missions I make for myself or if I want to modify a campaign mission (like for training or just to practice a particular thing).  I've played around with Moose some too and used it to create more realistic transport missions.

Preferred Chopper:  I love them all!!  However, I suppose my favorite is the Mi8.  I definitely have the most flight time in it and feel fairly competent with it.  I'm working with both the Gazelle and Huey at the moment.  I'm okay in the Huey, but tend to lose control when placing cargo, otherwise I'm comfortable with it.  The Gazelle is a lot of fun to fly and I'm getting pretty decent at controlling it.

Expectation:  I'm looking for a group of not-too-uptight people I can fly and have fun with.  I love DCS but am starting to feel the limits of single player.  I've tried just logging on to random servers through the multiplayer in game, but end up just flying alone as everyone else seems to be in fixed wing and have spent about a month searching for a helicopter focused group.  I'm hoping I can learn from the experiences of those here and also be of some benefit to the rest of the members. 

• Re: New Applicant - Hello All

by » 4 years ago

Welcome to DCS rotorheads safe haven Shadow. A place where fixed wings are banned and rotary wings operations are actually valued and encouraged, far from those annoying excited boys who are using us as target practice laughing.

Thank you for the introduction. As a Mi8 pilot, we assigned you to the US company, Utility platoon. I hope it is ok for you. Not that you won t be able to fly other choppers here, but your lift skills will be put under harder challenges.

I saw you joined our Discord server. Good place to let our IP or UT know you want to fly your intro flight. Nothing too uptight like you say. Just a good opportunity for us to meet you and for you to meet us. A cold start of your mi8, a few patterns or a formation flight with some of the guys to a not too distant LZ and you’ll be good to go. That is if you want to of course.

We are flying openbeta only and are using simpleradio (Srs) for our radio comms. If you don t have srs, do not worry, we have penty of nice guys willing to help here.

I believe we are not too hardcore, but not casual either. The population of pilots we have is diverse with different expectations so we have to try to cater for the vast majority.

Hope you like here.

• Re: New Applicant - Hello All

by » 4 years ago

Welcome to the Den...nice flying with you tonight

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.