Forum

Hi all,

Maintainer here with 15 yrs experience (civilian only). Was D.O.M in charge of 3 Bell helis, and some older birds (Staggerwing, T6). Currently taking it easy in civilian aerospace as a drafter.

• your call sign: Zeb
  • your age (must be over 18 years old): late 30's
  • your type of internet connection and speed: Cable, not very fast max up/down but latency "good" for servers I have used. Wired in LAN.
  • your timezone: PST
  • your availability during the week and or weekends: Typically work four tens (Mon-Thurs). Weekends: 9-12PM (ET). Sometimes I fly early AM 8-11 (ET) Fri-Sat as well. Early riser. 
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: 300 (1000+ flying heavies with my squad in IL-2). A few hours of logged Bell 212 stick time. ;)
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Enough to create simple SP training missions and a multiplayer server mission with AI waypoints. Nothing fancy.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!)
    • Huey is my favorite. Most fun for me is flying while gunning in the left seat (Rift S). I enjoy sling loading (CTLD).
    • I love flying the Gazelle at night. Rusty on the NADIR but can do basic waypoint nav.
    • I'm comfortable in the KA-50. Very rusty programming the ABRIS (datalink stuff). Working a bit with out-of-hover manual launches (Vikhr).
    • Picked up the Mi-8 last weekend. Learned to configure/deploy for ordnance, rocket, and guns. Enjoying using it with combined arms + CTLD.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.
    • I can only commit to 2 times a month (prepared). Folks at Discord seemed to be okay with that, but I understand that may not work out. Maybe there are other ways which I could contribute. I enjoy building and experimenting with flight sim hardware.Regards,

Zeb
  • Re: New Application: Zeb

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Zeb.

Thanks for this intro. I saw you already joined our Discord server. Give any IP there a shout for an introduction flight. Just an informal flight on one of our servers for you to get to know us and us to get to know you. We are usually doing a cold start on the helicopter of your choice, then a few patterns and hovers. If you are already comfortable with this, we will most likely go for a small VFR navigation to a nearby LZ. I understand the Huey is your top priority chopper. We'll have you attached to the UH platoon then (but don't worry, this doesn't mean you'll be stuck to fly UH all the time).

2 times a month is good. We are asking generally for at least one flight per month so the knowledge you will acquire here is maintained. Choppers in DCS requires a regular training to be flown correctly.

Again, let us know on discord (on general chat for example) when you are free and an IP will fly with you.

See you soon.

BaD

• Re: New Application: Zeb

by » 4 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply BaD. I should be able to initially put in more time as well and will try to be flexible. Will post on Discord.

-Z

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.