Forum

Callsign :Grinner

your type of internet connection and speed: 500MBs fibre

your timezone: I´m from Barcelona , Spain GMT +1

your availability during the week: My job requires me to travel but If I´m not in a business trip I´m usually available after 5pm. On the weekends in depends but most of the weekends I fly ultralights (in real life) but doesn´t take up all the weekend and I should be around. If there is anything scheduled I can work around that, I´m good at planning but need to know in advance. 

number of flight hours already spent on DCS: The truth not many, maybe around 25 hours on the UH-1H which I love and kept me going. Completed the 3 campaings UN, Argo and today I completed Worlds Apart. I do have nearly 5000 hours in x-plane but that doesnt count I guess ;-).

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: 0  All what I did was single player but with a little bit of help I can do anything

your preferred chopper : since as far as I remember I´m in love with the UH-1H even before DCS (maybe all those Vietnam based movies from when I was younger). A friend of mine who used to fly Hueys told me about DCS and how real and well done the Huey was so I didnt think twice getting into it. I just bought "the Gazelle" taking advantage of the Black Friday sale but I dodnt fly it yet

your expectations w.r.t BSD.: I´m looking forward been part of a squad and participate on cooperative missions and doing my bit in a wider team first whiles I´m learning to contribute later on on the creation of those missions. I admit I have no idea how multiplayer stuff works on DCS so I guess my expectation is also BSD to help me on that bit. I see myself progressing onto other choppers as my career progresses. For now I accept been a support pilot (be careful I can also shoot LOL)

• Re: New Application Grinner

by » 4 years ago

Thanks for this intro Grinner and welcome to BSD.

Next step for you is to have an introduction/evaluation flight with one of our IP or UT. You will need a headset and a microphone properly configured in Discord with a push to talk button configured too. For the flight, nothing difficult as long as you can cold start your aircraft and maintain an altitude/heading/speed. Hovering is a bonus.The rest will come with our training. Shooting is secondary on helicopters.

Flying MP will make all the SP/Campaigns you flew until now pretty dull and boring I am afraid. We are using Simple Radio for our communications in game. I would start to look at this little gem and install it even though we can stay on Discord for your first flight. 

See you later on Discord!

• Re: New Application Grinner

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Grinner !

Welcome to the Blacksharkden EU crew, based on your timezone.
    So far it looks like Wednesdays and Saturdays are shaping up to be the popular days for us to fly.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

I see Bad has already given you some tips on how we do multiplayer. If you need any help setting up the discord push to talk, testing it or getting Simple Radio up and
    running feel free to ask.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.