Forum

My name is Philip Kuffner  callsign is RePhil I am 63 years old medically retired from over the road transport I have HI-Speed internet 150 MBS download available most any time flight hours in Huey about 25 Gisselle .5  Harrier 20, F-18 20, F-5 40, P-51 45 and about these.  When I got DCS last fall it was for the Huey but I just could not get it and there was no training so I switched to fixed wing I have got very frustrated with jets and want to go back to my first love in last few weeks I have learned on my own to do basic hover take off, land and some radio navigation there are also several hours not logged as I did not know you lost all logged flight when you changed  witch is what I did every time I died. I do not now much about mission editor but the very basics. I am x Army (First Air Cav). I want to learn to fly properly and I am a bit surprized that there are not flight schools within DCS since they do have a number of multi crew birds. As much as I would like to learn I want it to be fun. My days of give me 50, I cant hear you are 45 years in my rear view. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba so it GMT-7. Also I fly only in VR so If by now you have not got one of those REJECT stamps in your hand IO wait to hear your reply "SIR" 

• Re: New Application from Philip (RePhil) Kuffner

by » 6 years ago

Hi Rephil!

Thanks for your application. Yes, getting some proper training on a given aircraft in DCS usually requires to join a squad. And there is a very limited number of squads flying choppers in general, and even less in the US. So you are at the right place!

Huey is a great chopper to learn because it is very simple (systems wise) and not very hard to handle. Don't worry about VR, I think we are 2 here not to fly VR. This is a big face hugger community here. And Huey is great in VR.

OK, so we'll have you on an introduction flight whenever you are available. This is just to get to know you and assess your knowledge in flying choppers. If you can cold start your Huey and fly some simple patterns, it should be just alright. Flights are usually around 9pm EST so that's 7 pm your time if this is OK for you. 

By the way, a part of the gang is going to fly a real Huey next week in Georgia (next to Atlanta), Saturday 14th. I know it's not exactly next door but if you are interested, you are very much welcome.

by » 6 years ago

Ok thanks for accepting me. As for the fram flight I will try to work around the IP schedule. Thanks for the invite on the slick ride but its a 3 day drive or 2000.00 airline ticket so think I'll pass. If the guys have not had an opportunity to ride a slick they will enjoy especially if the crew doors are slide back and it takes a 90 degree  bank. When I did my first in basic  I was on the side he banked I panic drops my M-16 to grab hand hold it was a long hike back to find it an a rough next few weeks

by » 6 years ago

Glad to have another Army guy around here. Also if you haven't checked out the Discord yet I recommend that you join. This is where a lot of our pilots BS about things. Discord link

by » 6 years ago

OK I did not mention so if this will be a problem let me know I will need to make a decision  I also belong to a Hornet squad as would be reflection in my discord login. I joined them when I got the Hornet to train with as they offered ground up training. If ever there was a conflict I would chose this over them. I should have said that up front so it is a lie by omission I am sorry for that. I had seen your guys twitter stuff and till a few days ago I thought it was based in Russia because of your logo. So there it is. I am retired so handling both to me would not be an issue but, I will respect your right to exclusivity if that were the case.   

by » 6 years ago

Hey Rephil, we briefly saw you on discord but you disappeared before we were able to give you some access rights. We will use discord to set up the time and date for you to fly with us.

by » 6 years ago

Ya just was checking and d then had to go here and explain way my avatar and login name is as it is 

by » 6 years ago

Looks like discord invite expired pls resend then I will set it this time sorry for the confusion

by » 6 years ago

Click on the Discord icon on the task bar on the right (the blue icon with a gamepad looking shape). The task bar will open and you will find a permanent invite by clicking on the Connect button at the lower part of the Discord window.

by » 6 years ago

Rephil,

You can have a different nickname for each Discord channel.  I am in an IL2 bomber squadron, BK is in a fixed wing squadron.  Flying the Hornet is totally OK.

Ten Beers

by » 6 years ago

Don't mind levering it as is just thought I should explain why it say CVCW 11 don't know how to change it anyway

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.