Forum

your call sign: fatalbert

your age (must be over 18 years old): 25

your type of internet connection and speed: 500mb down/40mb up

your timezone: UTC+2

your availability during the week and or weekends: I don't fly every day but I'm available pretty much all days

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: 100+, split between Huey, F-16 and F-18 mostly, but I also like the occasional warbird

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Average, I can set up a basic mission

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Huey or in the future Bo-105 and Apache 🤞

your expectations w.r.t BSD: Improving my flying, learn extra skills such as radio comms, combat flying etc. and ofcourse have a lot of fun

about me:
My name is Liam and I'm from The Netherlands. I've always had an interest in aviation, but the last few years this was mainly focused at rotary. Besides my main job in IT I'm also an aviation photographer (again mainly focused at the rotary side). I've had the chance to fly helicopters a few times due to my hobby, most recently did 2 flights in the Swiss Alpes for some photoshoots (video here). High up on my wish list I've got flying a Huey in real life, sadly due to COVID-19 this has to wait till next year...

I've been flying with DJ and Flyer recently through the DCS Huey facebook group and they intruduced me to BSD, which seems to offer what I'm looking for :) Hope to learn a lot here and hopefully fly with you soon!

• Re: Application

by » 4 years ago

Hi Liam, welcome!

For your time zone you will fall under my group in the EU platoons. I know we have flown on the Huey server with the guys so your intro flight will be more of an informal fly around and talk about the way things are done here. For the lift platoon you will be with Platoon leader Memphis. I know once you get the hang of the day to day op's here you will love it. Ok so now for my "Official" Welcome post. :)

Welcome!

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

by » 4 years ago

Hello Liam!

Thanks for your intro. Loved the little "about me" addon. Really nice video and flight you made there above the Alps. BK said pretty much everything so waiting to say hi to you online soon!

by » 4 years ago

Welcome to the group I watched your video that is one heck of a view 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.