Forum

Callsign: HandTool
Connection: Broadband 100mb
Timezone: PST
Availabilty: Evenings, most weekends.
DCS Hours: 31 hours / 23 with the Huey
Mission Editor: Very little experience, general understanding.
Chopper: UH-1H
Expectations: Learn more, participate in the campaings and have fun with the group.

Note: Give me about 10 days (or less) to learn the cold start, I haven't learned it yet. Then I'll request the intro flight.

• Re: Application \ HandTool

by » 2 years ago

Hello Handtool

Hope you'll need less than 10 days to learn the cold start! The huey is really easy for this. Do not wait more than 2 weeks to do your intro flight or you might be considered MIA by your IP. Make sure you understand the minimum requirements for your intro flight. Have all your controls set up, your mike set with a PTT, have Discord and SRS correctly setup. Manoeuvers required are pretty basic. Hovering, take off in VMC, pattern with consistent attitude and speed. Your IP will also gauge a bit how comfortable you are with radio coms. Although this is not really a fail criteria. 

See you soon online!

by » 2 years ago

BaDCrc

I'll work on the cold starts today.

• I converted my stable version of DCS to Open Beta last night.
    • Downloaded SRS, waiting for a headset to arrive tomorrow and I'll get that all setup.
    • IR Tracker arrived this weekend, I'll get it setup too.
    • Practice what's in the youtube video during the week.

I'm sure I'll be ready by the end of the week.
    I appreciate the patience and looking forward to getting started.

thanks-

by » 2 years ago

Hi HandTool,

Please join the Black Shark Den's Discord server to continue the process.

https://discord.gg/mxQEkJdW

by » 2 years ago

-Feenx,

Please give my spot to someone who is ready for their test flight and can join now, I'm not ready.
    I can't get through the basics (in the video) with any consistency. One day I can hover, then I can't fly the pattern. Then I can fly the pattern and can't pedal turn.
    I'm just getting frustrated, rushing trying to make the deadline by Friday.

I will keep working on the basics in the video and re-apply as soon as I have the skills mastered and can fly them consistantly. I'll get this figured out. I'll keep following the group and get back in line as soon as I can.

thank you for the opportunity-

Feenx wrote:

Hi HandTool,

Please join the Black Shark Den's Discord server to continue the process.

https://discord.gg/mxQEkJdW

by » 2 years ago

No problem, take your time. We'll be here when you're ready. Thanks for your interest, hope to see you around again.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.