Forum

Hi everybody,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.

My call sign is Teufel79. I am 40 years old and fly out out Dubai in the Middle East GMT+4. Before you ask yes I have a blast flying in the Persian Gulf map :-)

After a really long break i am returning to DCS. Reason for me to stop playing the game was that I missed the trick of getting into a squad of some sorts. There is only so much
people enjoy the game on their own. There is not much to do after completing the campaign.

I just reinstalled DCS and getting back into the swing of things. Within the next couple of weeks I should have all my hardware complete to get back into the air. Till then I am studying the manuals and practice things I an do on the ground for example cold starts, setup comms, navigation and so on. Favorite helicopter is a hard question to answer. Back in the day i flew the KA50 but these days the UH1 and MI8 are very fascinating. There is for sure a slight tendency towards the UH1.

With regards to the mission editor i have very basic knowledge to create my own practice missions. Start - Take off - fly somewhere - shoot something - fly back - land.
No experience with triggers and so on

Technical Information
Internet Speed: 280mbps download / 90mbps upload
Computer: AMD Ryzen7 3700x / 16GB RAM (upgrade planned to 32), SSD, NVIDIA 1080
Hotas: None (Thrustmaster Warthog planned)
TrackIR: None (Planning to get into VR)

Reason for me to reach out to BSD was that helicopters fascinate me. Yes there are other mixed squadrons out there but I feel that their main focus is too much on fixed wing. What i am looking for is a group of people who enjoy flying together and to have a good time. At the same time real life has to come first.
Due to the timezone difference I am normally avilable on Firday and Saturday evenings from 8PM EU Time onwards (10PM Dubai GMT+4).

• Re: Application Teufel79

by » 4 years ago

Welcome to BSD, Teufel

It´s great to have you here with us.
    First we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.
    Concerning your Hardware Situation, just shoot me a message and we´ll get this sorted.

The Intro Flight gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    We on the other hand can get a glimpse about your capabilities and thus estimate a Training effort for your progress to get you Combat Ready
    It´s still very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 (Trainee) and moves over RL2 (Mission qualified) up to RL1 (Combat Ready). We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask. Besides of this, many Members here are IRL Pilots and fly all sorts of Aircraft, so there´s always input about Real Life Procedures and tactics which we want to simulate.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    Memphis, PL
    EU_UH.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.