Forum

• Call sign: Flabs
  • Type of internet connection and speed: Fibre, 350Mbps/50Mbps
  • Timezone: GMT
  • Availability during the week and or weekends: Varying schedule but available most weekdays and weekends.
  • Approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: Been flying DCS since 2013 so at this point thousands I'm sure, enough to feel competent in most airframes.
  • Knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Very basic, no scripting knowledge.
  • Preferred chopper (you can love them all!): UH-1 but if done right the OH-58D will likely take that throne!
  • Expectations w.r.t BSD: Some serious fun! Balanced realism with some good guys in a MP environment, can only take so many janky SP missions before wanting something more. I've been a member of JTF/CSG-1 for a couple of years flying AV8B for a year before transferring to F14 for some sweet BVR, so have experienced how much more immersive well executed MP ops can be and hope to extend that experience into the rotary world with BSD! Also keen to learn more about RL mil procedures and ultimately become a better virtual helo pilot by testing myself in a more complex environment.
  • Re: Application: Flabs

by » 4 years ago

Hello Flabs and welcome.

Good to see someone coming to the light side. Flying fixed wings will look boring once you are starting to fly with us! tongue-out

Got you assigned to the EU company, UH platoon. I saw you are already on Discord and flew your intro flight with our CO Blackwolf. I set you up already as a Trainee/Private with a Readiness Level 3. I guess Blackwolf explained to you a bit how this works.

You now have access to The pilots mess and the BSD library.
    Our welcome guide is HERE
    BSD SOP is HERE and the quick reference handbook (so you don't have to digest the entire SOP before starting some combat missions) HERE.
    Brevity is HERE
    Our mods that you will need are HERE
    Tutorial for the mods HERE

Simple radio is required. You can find that HERE

Your training file has been built make sure you log your flight time every time you fly with a BSD member. Use commas not decimals. A flight in your log book is 2,5 not 2.5. Also check out the 1000 task's in the menu. HERE

That's what you will work on first. When you are ready to get checked off on a decent group of them, ask for an IP to fly with you and verify.

Your hours (defined as time flying a helicopter with one or more BSD pilots) are logged on the website under Pilots/Pilot logbook / military file, and the Platoon you pick, UH,OH or AH

Welcome to the group, I look forward to flying with you.

Remember our servers are 24/7 and you may use them anytime you wish.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.