Forum

Fenins Application

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Gotta start somewhere I suppose.

Call Sign: I go by Fenin (Fen as in fence, in as in in, go figure), or TK.  Tho I've never considered either a callsign.  I'd much rather be given one by the guys I fly with.  If I had to pick my own it would be Coyote.  I do also realize that getting a hold of me on Discord can be a bit of a hassle, as I'm a special snowflake and like making crazy names.  As of right now I go by ŦคՎ☯#2532

ISP: I run on Gen 1 DSL in a Rural area in the southern United States.  Do have plans to try and string up a 4G router and see if I can get something better, but plans aren't reality until you do it.

Timezone: Central Standard Time, UTC -6

Availability: I'm am often free after 20:00, though my work schedule changes quarterly.  Always have at least two days off a week and as of right now I've had Wednesdays off for a whole year.  I do have family obligations at times, as I am a father and husband, but the wife usually doesn't try to AAA me too hard.  I'd be lying if the boy didn't try to kill me by snatching at the joystick from time to time though.  

Flight Hours: Hard for me to estimate this, I have over 2500 hours in game but that's because I often leave it open overnight.  Between all aircraft?  I'd guess somewhere in the realm of 800 or 900hrs since 2018.  It's very spread out though.  I can usually get 3 or 4 hours a day of flying though.  Even on days I work.  So that number might be much higher?  I truly don't have an honest answer.

Mission Editor Skills: I have a pretty basic understanding of the mission editor, I've used it to make myself some simple missions for a while now.  I don't have any grasp at all on stuff like scripting though.  

Preferred Helo: As of right now?  The Mi-8 is my preferred ride.  It was my first module and is the one I have the most time in.  I've got some grasp on all the others, but not nearly as focused.  That will change with the release of the Mi-24 as I plan on moving over to it pretty hard and building an rv out of the cargo compartment.  

Expectations of BSD: Hard to say, really.  I'm pretty curious in general and very willing to learn new things, even though I can be a bit dense at times.  The big things I want to learn are just how to fly better, learn better protocol and have people to fly with who are like minded.  It's pretty hard to find rotorheads out in the wild and when you do they often aren't very dedicated to the art.  I won't lie, there are some fixed wing aircraft out there I do love, but Helos interest the mess out of me.  

• Re: Fenins Application

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Fenin. I kinda like the call sign "Fence In" but that might confuse the flight whenever we are calling you over the radio.

Thanks for this nice intro. For the US region we are flying EST time evenings during the week and trying to have both US and EU group flying together during the weekend, hence having flights in the afternoon for east coast or late morning for you. We are getting more and more pilots from PST regions so we are looking at possible better times for this region once we got enough qualified and active pilots.

It's nice to see some Mi-8 pilots. Our UH team is very focused on the Huey and I think it's a pity as the Mi-8 is much more interesting to me (probably gonna get hammered for saying that).

Next step is your intro flight for you to meet us and us to meet you and see a little bit what you can do and what you are missing. Also a good opportunity for you to see if you are in the kind of squad you like.

Absolutely no Fixed Wing activity here. But many of our pilots are flying in other FW squads too.

We are very light regarding the attendance requirement. Once a month for a mission or a training will maintain your currency for us.

See you on our servers soon.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.