Forum

Fathom Application

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Greeting's BSD,

Callsign:  Fathom

Internet:  Xfinity, 150mbps

Timezone:  Central US.

Availability:  Most evenings M-F.  Various times over sat-sun.  I try to fly every night.

Flight Hours:  DCS - 300+ in fixed.  New to rotors and just received the Huey and Gazelle ~ 3hrs in rotors.  

DCS Editor:  I'm still learning my way around it.  Can do simple things in it.

Preference:  Huey and Gazelle.  Waiting for the Kiowa.

Expectation:  Learn more about Helo flying and make new friends.  I am a member of the 906th and enjoy flying with friends.  DCS is my connection to military roots, post retirement.  Spent 23 years in the USAF and retired in 2013.  F-4's, F-16's, and UAV's.  

Looking forward to it!

Fathom

• Re: Fathom Application

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Fathom!

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

Glad to have you here, we have been flying jets for a while so let do the same in the choppers!

BK

• Re: Fathom Application

by » 4 years ago

Sounds good.  Im free anytime tomorrow afternoon or the first part of next week.  Ill reach out to ya!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.