Forum

Applicaton

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago
  • your call sign - Dave Murray
  • your age - 42
  • your type of internet connection and speed - Fibre 200mbps
  • your timezone - GMT 
  • your availability during the week and or weekends. - Most evenings and weekends
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS - Couldn't say for certain, been playing DCS World since release and Flaming Cliffs Before that.
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor - I make basic missions/tasks for myself to practice. Very basic Triggers etc but I'm prepared to learn a bit more.  I wouldn't know where to start making an engaging mission for multi player but again i'm prepared to put the time into learning.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!) - I'm currently flying the Huey which I would like to concentrate on first.  I also have the Blackshark and recently picked up the Mi8
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD. - To meet other like minded folk and have fun learning and flying choppers in a properly structured environment.  Actually flying somewhere in a formation to either kick butt, drop off the butt kickers or pick them up and get them home. (I'd write more but it's late and I'm fading lol).
  • Re: Applicaton

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Dave! Glad you found your way here.

Thanks for the post.

I see OJ spoke with you on Discord. So what we do now is set a time to fly an introduction flight. Its a very easy laid back flight. Where we get to know each other and you get to see a little of what we do.

We will do things like take off in formation, fly the pattern a little, pick spots to land and have a chat. After that if you decide you like what you see, we will make you a member and a RL3 trainee.

From there you will fly with unit trainer for your Readiness Level.  RL2 can be done in just a few flights or spread out over weeks. Level are RL3,RL2 and RL1.

Most training flights are five to nine pilots so you will have company.

As OJ said right now the BSD_EU is growing at a good rate. Not too bad for our first year!

Missions or training missions are done during the week. Tuesdays or Wednesdays seem to be the most popular, but someone is on flying most night of the week. 

So let me or OJ know when you want to go up.

BK

by » 4 years ago

Glad you decided to give us a try, keep an eye on the "unicom" voice channel on the Discord, BK or I will be on there at random times and when we are, give us a shout and we can get you started. 

It may be worth hopping on when anyone is on Unicom as we are not the only ones who can perform the intro flight.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome to the 'Den' look forward to seeing you on the flightline

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Dave. I saw you are on the BSD discord channel already. Get yourself an IP or UT for an intro flight!

by » 4 years ago

Thanks for the welcome guys,  I had my intro flight with OldJames this afternoon.  Went well and planned to fly with him this evening.smile

by » 4 years ago

Awesome! Welcome!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.