Forum

• your call sign:  Catalyst
  • your age (must be over 18 years old): 41
  • your type of internet connection and speed:  14.7 mbps
  • your timezone:  US, Central (in a suburb of Houston, TX)
  • your availability during the week and or weekends:  Weekly: 7PM - 9PM, usually ; Weekend would depend if I'm not out competing as I'm a competition shooter (USPSA, IDPA, 3-Gun).  If I'm free, at least 3 hours at a time.
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  few hours.  Just started with DCS.  Originally started out with 1.5.8 about 4 weeks ago then just upgraded to 2.5 last week.  I got my FAA single engine land license back in the mid 90s.  Did some more flying in the early 2000s but haven't done it since.  So I want to try out DCS and I'm quite impress with it.  The level of realism is quite astonishing.
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor:  I just started playing with this.  Single player only.  Mostly just to see what I can do with it.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!):  Huey because thats all I have right now.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD:  Mostly just to fly and learn.  Its good to see and hear there is a level of professionalism within the group.
  • Re: Application for Catalyst

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Catalyst! 

Thanks for letting us know a little about you. Lets set up a good training day and get you up to speed. If the sale is still going on Russian choppers are 30% off if you're looking to add another on to your hanger.

Bad should be sending you a welcome pdf that just goes over what we do now.(After the flight) We will have very laid back flight to see where you are and what we need to work on. If you have anything you know you want to work on let me know. Also how did it go setting up the x52? Any issues with that?

BK

Thank you said by:

by » 6 years ago

Thanks BK, I got discord setup on the computer now.  I just need to setup Simple Radio.  So a tutorial on that would be nice.  The X52 bindings are still and ongoing project at the moment.  I did manage to get the spring zip tied but haven't actually flown it yet.  I'm gonna try in a bit after lunch.  FYI, I had my first Level 2 USPSA match yesterday so I'm a bit tired.  LOL  

by » 6 years ago

Yeah I bet that takes a lot out of you. Here is the link for Simple Radio with a video. I'm not sure if the video goes over the whole install at not but its easy, Just install to your drive. like C\: 

You wont need that for the introduction flight. If you feel up to it we could do it today.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3370195&postcount=1817

by » 6 years ago

Hi Catalyst. I was wondering when you will decide to apply. smile You will need a good understanding of your aircraft. Learn how to cold start her, that's the best way to start understand the basic systems. It's good you have SR installed. Whenever you have time, let's have a flight with some of the guys here. We'll take you for a few patterns. Huey is great and the flight model is awesome on DCS. It's a good aircraft to start with, because it is very simple system wise so you can focus on understanding how and helicopter flies rather than understanding the avionics.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.