Forum

Jake flew with BSD for the first time last night.

In attendance:   Jake, Fargo, Ten_Beers

Conditions:  Daylight, Sunshine

Flight Time:  2 Hours

Location:  NTTR, flight from Echo Bay to Boulder Airport, then on to Laughlin Airport.   

Threats:  None   

Aircraft:  Huey UH-1H (Fargo/Jake)   Ka-50 (Ten)

Takeoff types used:   TOWR/TOWRICO  due to takeoffs from tight LZ's

Formations flown:   Stag R/L, Combat Cruise, and briefly where required, trailing.

Formation distances flown:  Loose, Close, Tight

Other AC present:  2 Mi-24V Hinds (AI) that we shadowed to Boulder.

SOP Procedures used/covered:   Lead change, formation distance change, formation type change, NIGHTMARE call, serial/chalk comms procedures.  Standard traffic patterns used at airports (upwind/crosswind, downwind, base, final), In-flight join-up procedures.

Issues of concern:  None.

AAR:  

A basic, scenic flyabout  from Echo Bay to Boulder, near the dam, where we RV with Ten, landed on the dam, then went South all the way to Laughlin.   There were two AI hinds that we basically tagged along with.   Sometimes we joined them in formation, other times we just formed up ourselves.  We gave Jake a good idea of how we do things, what our CONOPS is and how we communicate.   

Jake fell in very well and learned quickly, maintaining speed, altitude, and formation position quite well.   We spent a lot of time talking about DCS, and the type of flying we like to do.   Jake is a die-hard Huey driver, and his primary interest is to fly it in missions that have the Huey doing exactly what it was designed to do.    Troop lifts, sling loads, CSAR, and all the other things a real lift helo are made for.  

He has "quite a few" hours in the UH-1H, and has done some work in the ME and has been using CTLD as well.    

Evaluator's opinion:  Recommended, with status TRAINEE.  

/Fargo

• Re: First flight for Jake (w/Fargo, Ten_Beers)

by » 6 years ago

Nice, sorry I missed it..I was busy with other things. Sounds like he fits right in. Did you use just discord?

• Re: First flight for Jake (w/Fargo, Ten_Beers)

by » 6 years ago

Thanks for this great AAR Fargo. 

Jake, if you think BSD is a place you would enjoy flying, learning and having fun, we are all happy to welcome you on board. You are now Private Jake with the access rights of Trainee and the Readiness level of 3. You have access to the BSD Pilot's mess on the forum and to the official BSD library. I saw you already have full access to the BSD Discord server. I am sending you by PM the BSD welcome guide.

Let me or anyone on the forum know if you have any questions. Again, welcome!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.