• Skid
  • your age (must be over 18 years old)
    • old man (61)
  • your type of internet connection and speed
    • 65 down
    • 4.8 up
  • your timezone
    • USA Central
  • your availability during the week and or weekends.
    • several evenings during week, varies
    • almost every weekend
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS
    • too many - >300
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor
    • spooling up.  Have the basics down, learning CTLD, anxious to participate in and build more robust combat .miz as opposed to fixed wing/jet mash-ups.
    • have built quite a few single player missions on my own - more like skirmishes.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!)
    • Huey
    • Huey
    • Huey (stuttering problem...I guess)
    • SA342
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.
    • DCS focused conversations
    • DCS combat/support missions
    • Friendly and patient participants (and of course, the same expectations from me...)
  • Re: Application for Jake/Skid

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Skid!

I see you have some ME experience, that's good, and quite some time in DCS too! Looking forward to flying with you!

Let us know when is a good time and date to get a introduction flight in.

BK 

Thank you said by:

by » 6 years ago

Hi Jake (or Skid)! And welcome!

First of all, thanks for your little message in the registration form. It made me realized something went wrong with the text color in the form. Problem solved. Sorry about that.

Secondly, would it be OK for you to have just one unique name for your call sign and your username? What would it be? Skid or Jake? This is just to avoid confusion.

Finally, thanks for your introduction. We are always happy to have new blood here and as BK said, people with ME design experience. Hey, you never got too many hours on DCS! wink So you are a big fan of the Huey? That's a real nice helicopter (to begin with).

I think you went through all the literature we sent you so you know the next stage is a quick informal and friendly flight with us. Let us know when you are available. We have a training tonight but it's not going to be very suitable to newcomers. Looking forward to fly with you! And if you want to have conversations about DCS, join us on our discord server!

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Jake!

You came to the right place.

The Huey is adored regularly here, and you'll see it flown a lot.   

We are happy to have you aboard!

/Fargo

by » 6 years ago

Hello, hope you like BSD!

Loving the Huey beyond rational limits is pretty much the norm here, so you should fit in alright

by » 6 years ago

Thanks to all...

I'll be around quite a bit this weekend 2/24 and first half of 25.  Which MP servers you guys play in?

by » 6 years ago

I do 104th, Blue Flag and a little Dynamic sometimes but we do co-ops here so we make our own servers and missions. We do have a few groups we co-op with, fighters and choppers.

by » 6 years ago

Jake works for call sign (Though I frequently get bumped due to too many 'jakes'-  I use Jake22 on most sites - you can through that in - doesn't really matter to me.)

Flew with Ten and Fargo last night - good time!  Your group and it's goals seem to be what I've been looking for...

by » 6 years ago

That's awesome Jake! Do you have Simple Radio? I can get you the link if you need, we try and use it for our missions. I have a training for it set up in a few hours if you want to join it.

by » 6 years ago

Glad to hear Jake wish I could have flown with you but I will be gone until the end of March but I do look forward to eventually flying with you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.