Forum

I'm 50 years old and use the callsign TenBeers.  My internet connection is DSL 25 meg.  My timezone is USA EST and I am available randomly during the week due to my work schedule.  I work out of town a lot.  

I probably only have 50 hours or so in DCS because I just started flying in DCS recently due to VR bringing me back to flight sims.  I've been flying sims off and on since the early 1990's.  

I haven't tried out the mission editor yet but do plan on diving into that as time allows. 

My preferred chopper is the Huey because it is the only one I have flown so far. I bought the Black Shark and MI8 modules when they were on sales and do plan to fly them.

My expectations with BSD is to fly with like minded individuals having fun and learning more about this wonderful sim!

• Re: Application for TenBeers

by » 7 years ago

Warm welcome Ten Beers! But don't you mean that you're 50 years young?? 

by » 7 years ago

Hey Ten! Glad you're here.

Ten and I have had a few flights together just messing around and shooting at stuff. As he said he is just getting into the choppers and he has better control of the Huey than when I started flying it!

Ten if you'll be around this weekend lets do a introduction flight before the Huey mission.

Anyone else available this weekend? 

by » 7 years ago

Hi Ten_Beers,

Thanks for your application.

As you might have read, we are asking for our applicants to be able at least to cold start the chopper they want to fly, be able to hover taxi, take off, fly some patterns and land on a given spot. Knowing how to use weapons is really important for the Ka50 and the Sa342, but less for the Mi-8 and Huey as they are simpler and usually assigned to logistics and some light CAS tasks.

It is also important for us, as I guess you already understood, that you will be able to not just flying the missions proposed, but also to propose missions. We're trying to make things fair for the pilots here who spend time building missions or training newcomers to be operational in missions.

If you are available Saturday, I think we can set up something at 2100 E.S.T and have a quick training flight. Let me know.

by » 7 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I will make myself available for the flight tomorrow.

by » 7 years ago

So be it! See you tomorrow 2100 EST! I think BK already gave you the details for the TS server, right?

by » 7 years ago

No , But I will send them to him now. See you at 2100.

by » 7 years ago

I emailed it to him, I don't see a way to PM him here. Maybe I just missed it.

by » 7 years ago

I got the email with the server info.  Thanks.  You guys doing any flying tonight?

by » 7 years ago

Oh boy, can't wait to not be the new guy anymore :)

by » 7 years ago

Guitrz wrote:

Oh boy, can't wait to not be the new guy anymore :)

Right?

Anyways, welcome Tenbeers!  

by » 7 years ago

Hi Tenbeers,

Welcome to BSD. Great bunch of fun guys! Some have extensive knowledge of flying the real things, which is fantastic for sim-pilots like me. Get some real training, at a millionth of the cost..... :? Eagle is great at tutoring and keeping us complete amateurs in line, (and in the air....).

I am around tonight, UK based so late for me, but cool on a Saturday night, so look forward to chatting with you later. I will be registering for the La Drang mission too, though not so hot on the Huey, preferring Mi-8 and Ka-50, so might chat Sunday too. 

So, how did you get your callsign?

Mole

Molevitch

by » 7 years ago

Many moons ago some high school friends of mine and I would get together on a Quake III mod called Smokin' Guns.  It was a western movie themed first person shooter with Peacemakers, Schofields, Winchester rifles, and dynamite!  Everyone who played chose a nickname with a Western theme.  One of my favorite western movies is The Outlaw Josey Wales.  In the movie, there is a memorable scene where Josey rides to speak with Chief Ten Bears. 

There was RedNeckerson, Chico, Pardner, and of course I chose TenBeers.    

We would get together at RedNeckerson's house for lan parties... eat chili and drink beer, whiskey, tequila, rocket fuel, and various other spirits.  Things always got a little rowdy after about ten beers.  Or maybe after about ten beers I would find the nearest couch and go to sleep.  Either way the name stuck.

by » 7 years ago

And there's me thinking it was Old Dutch....

Molevitch

by » 7 years ago

I hope the intro flight for Ten Beers went alright. I actually mananged to get on TS last night and do a quick meet and greet. I enjoyed the chat. 

by » 7 years ago

Eagle,

The flight went well.  Look forward to flying with you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.