Forum

Hello, fellow VRS victims.

My name is Guilherme,  I'm from Brazil (South America, UTC-3, 2 hours ahead of EST) and I usually play late at night on the 104th server, doing Huey and Ka-50 ops coordinating with other pilots through Teamspeak.

I am 17 years old. I know, I know... disregarding the rules... I'm supposing 18 is a subjective number to keep the community mature. I can and will prove I am so.

Got a 20 Mbits connection, can play with US based servers under reasonable ping.

I've been playing DCS for a couple years now, should have a few hundred hours logged in. Love to fly the Huey and can't wait for multicrew to be implemented. I'm on the verge of commiting murder for a DCS: Mi-24

module, and I also play the Ka-50 and Gazelle modules.

I have some knowledge of SP mission editing, and theoretical knowledge of how to port them to MP.  Would love to make co-op missions.

My English is damn near fluent, just need to work on my pronunciation a little bit, got kind of a stiff tongue.  Can listen perfectly. 

I like to study aircraft dynamics, and would like to join BSD to learn more from other people.  You learn a new thing everyday, why not learn a couple more?

I study at night and will probably start working soon, so I would be available mostly during late nights and weekends.

Hopefully, see you soon.

• Re: Application for Guitrz

by » 7 years ago

Hi Guitrz, 

Welcome to the BSD! I know the requirements say 18 or older, you're close to it and I will say I flew a lot in Cliffs of Dover with ATAG_Flare who is (at the time)15 but very mature for his age. I'm sure you're right its to keep it mature. That call will be up to BadCrc. If we fly at 9pm EST that would be about 11pm for you right?

You have come to the right place to learn from real chopper pilots! I know since I joined I have learned a lot. I could only fly the KA-50 well...The others I could kind of fly but not really use in combat. It is nice to see the younger generation being involved with flight sims and the study of flight. 

I'm sure BadCrc or Eagle_Rising will be along soon to say hi.

BK

Thank you said by:

by » 7 years ago

Hey Guitrz, 

Welcome and thank you for posting.

I don't think the age thing should be an issue but understand that our standard operating procedure is for us is to have a introduction flight before you get full access to the website. Personally age doesn't make a difference to me, I myself started flying helicopter (IRL) at the age of 20, as long as you are a team player and willing to learn I think you will be fine.

So BSD is probably a little different from the 104th, we try to take a realistic approach whenever we make or fly a mission. Bad and I try posting everything you need to start learning about helicopter operations but it can be a lot so we try organizing frequent training flights but it seems like you have a good attitude about learning new things so that is good.

What time this week are you available so we can schedule your introduction flight? I am available Tuesday or Wednesday evening but I am sure Bad or Bk can fly with you if I am not available.  

by » 7 years ago

I have read the About BSD section and I understand that perfectly, thank you.

I'm available the entire week, as long as it is during night time.   Tuesday 9PM EST works for you?

by » 7 years ago

That works for me I will put it on the schedule. 

See you then.

by » 7 years ago

Hi Guitrz,

Really happy to see South America coming to BSD. The age requirement is here only to prevent 14 yrs old coming and trying to prove their manhood by shooting at everything they see.  If you are seeking for cooperative work and realistic operations, this is good for us. Don't worry about your English too much, I think mine is certainly the worst, but as long as I can make myself understood... I'll let Eagle do the introduction flight with you. I was planning a training flight Tuesday 9:00 EST. Let us know if you want to join.

by » 7 years ago

I can be there Tuesday as well. I love how he started it " Hello fellow VRS victims " I know that all to well! See ya'll Tuesday then.

by » 7 years ago

Welcome Guitrz.  At last I'm no longer the new guy!  I've signed up for Tuesday's flight as well.

Protocols and procedures can seem a little overwhelming at first (okay, and honestly, a month later as well), but these guys are really cool and really patient and in the end it's more about the fun of flying the missions cooperatively and really getting that feeling like the whole is more than the sum.

by » 7 years ago

BaD CrC wrote:

Snip: Don't worry about your English too much, I think mine is certainly the worst, but as long as I can make myself understood...

I bet my French is terrible next to your English! All I know is Oui and thats it! :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.