Forum

Call Sign: Red

Internet Connection and speed: Broadband at 50.0 down and 5.0 up.

Timezone: CST, USA

Language: American English

Availability: Mondays, Wednesdays other days depending on real life and family demands and commitments.

Hours in DCS: My very first computer back in 1995 had my very first computer game installed called Su-27 Flanker by some obscure Russian firm named Eagle Dynamics. I still have the original CD disc and manuals from that wonderful introduction to computer flight simming. From there I grew into the orignal Lock-On and continued to be a fan of the series which we all know is now known as DCS World.

How many hours of flying DCS? Good question but I would say conservatively hundreds of hours since 1995. I would hazard to guess I put in approximately 3-12 hours a week depending on real life or if I'm flying something else like IL-2 Flight Sim. I also enjoy X-Plane 10 where you guessed it, I prefer to fly the helicopters.

I do enjoy flying the fast movers in DCS and have done so a lot but really have found myself in love with the rotarwing machines. I do own many of the DCS modules. I have what I call DCS Lite F-15C, Su- 27, Su-25A. I also own the A-10C module and the Mirage 2000C, Mig-15bis and F-86F Sabre. I've spent many, many hours in the Ka-50, quite a few with the Mi-8, equally with the Huey and now for the past few months have been focussing more on the superb Gazelle variants we have in DCS.

I can't say I love one over the other but rather love them all depending on what type of flying mood I'm in and what I want to do in the mission editor, fly recon? Fly transport or air assault missions? Fly gunship? That determines what I'm flying at the moment. I fly them all and enjoy the different characteristics of each one and how one might simulate their uses in the real world on our virtual battlefields. The Bo- 105 will be a first day purchase for me.

I have been in and out of DCS Multiplayer over the years, but tend to spend most of my time in the mission editor getting creative and seeing what I can do and learn in that superb creative tool. I have wanted to find a group of mature sim pilots to fly online with where we try and simulate real world operations on a regular basis and just have fun doing it. I also want to learn from others how they might do things in the mission editor etc. Share our passion of this beautiful hobby.

Mission Editor experience: I spend most of my time in the mission editor but would not consider myself to have missions which are considered of high quality like say Ranger79 Productions missions. I do know and use triggers, plenty of randomization in the mission and use the editor to give good atmosphere with respect to the flying conditions. I consider myself weak in briefings and radio text messaging trying to simulate radio comms in the mission.

Preferred Chopper: Don't really have a preference. I love them all. And as I've mentioned previously, what I fly depends on what I want to experience at that time in the simulation. I do know this, I will get all the helicopter modules that DCS World offers. They are just too much fun to fly. I particularly enjoy flying down low in the mud amongst the weeds. Something about it and frankly it gives you a whole new perspective on the maps we have. Personally, would love to someday see modules for the Mi-24 Hind, Apache Alpha, Blackhawk, and a good European transport like the Puma or something. Like to see balance in the modules so when I feel like flying red, I can make realistic scenarios and when I feel like blue, can do so there as well. Like to simulate, experience the different designs concepts for the NATO/RUS machines.

Why am I looking at your group? I am looking to put in multiplayer flying time with people who are as enthusiastic as myself about flight sims and in particular about helicopters. I'm looking for people to help me get better with the mission editor and perhaps help them as well. I'm looking at learning about real world helicopter operations from possbily real world pilots or at least those more knowledgable about that than me. I want to experience an organized, structured form of multiplayer flying in missions designed as such in a cooperative environment. I'm looking for the ShackTac of DCS World.

Sincerely,

RedRotar65

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.