Forum

JAR Application

in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago

Good morning,

Here is the information requested as per the pinned posts.

• your call sign - JAR
  • your age (must be over 18 years old) - Born '87
  • your type of internet connection and speed - 300mbps up/90mbps down, direct wired connection to router
  • your timezone - GST (GMT+4)
  • your availability during the week and or weekends. - Currently available most of the time but circumstances to change at any time, might have to move country.
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS - In total in DCS over all modules certainly over a thousand hours I'd say, although totally new to helicopters.
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor - Zero, I have opened it and managed to plop down some enemy air defense for SAM avoidance practice with the Tomcat.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!) - Currently using the Mi8 as a trainer for the Hind which is the module that brought me some interest into helo modules.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD. - To learn how to fly and operate rotorcraft as part of a team based mission.

I've already posted in the sign-up page on Discord, and I've ready to go intro flight whenever suits.

• Re: JAR Application

by » 3 years ago

welcome to BSD, JAR. I am one of the EU-UH Instructors (GMT+2 - Germany), primarily for the Huey and secondary for the Mi-8. You´ll most likely be assigned to EU-UH as well. Please ask in sign in channel for your Intro Flight. We have 2 dedicated Mi-8 Instructors, their names are Molevich and miki. You can tag them to ask for the Intro Flight.

Please be aware that the Intro Flight also contains a hurdle to master. To really get a glimps on what we expect you to be able to fly is represented in this Video: https://youtu.be/0xxpk2RwSF.
    Please also make sure that your SRS is properly working and set up for Multi Crew flying (PTT - not yet relevant for the Mi-8, but soon it will be) as well as your Control assets and your head Tracking devices may it be Track IR or VR.

Once everything is working correctly and you´ve passed the initial Checkride and flew the Intro, you´ll be promoted to RL3 which is a Trainee Status within BSD. Looking forward to see you in the skies.

regards

Memphis

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.