Forum

your call sign: Cake

your age: 34

your type of internet connection and speed: 100 mbit/s on paper, usually around 60 mbit/s on evenings, latency to american servers is usually at around 150 ms

your timezone: I live in germany, Zulu + 1

your availability during the week: 2-3 evenings mon-fri, sunday evenings

number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  More than 1000 hours is my guesstimate, with time split between Steam and Standalone and mostly playing online it's impossible to give an exact number

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: High, but there's still much to learn. I became fed up with the trigger system early on and decided to learn Lua specifically to create missions in DCS. I am a decent script writer now.

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): SA342, OH-58D, UH-1H

your expectations w.r.t BSD.: I already have some flight time with helos under my belt, now I want to take it a step further and learn more about tactics and procedures. My main goal is to become a competent scout pilot. I want to be the one that finds the baddies, preferably without them ever noticing me. Doing so in cooperation with other pilots, advancing under mutual support while maintaining radio discipline, looking at an area of interest from multiple angles and surviving to write a report...that is the gameplay experience I'm looking for.

• Re: Application - Cake

by » 3 years ago

Welcome aboard Cake!  

It looks to me like you would fit in with our OH platoon on the EU side. This is the platoon where the gazelle is now, and where the 58 will land as well.

As a fellow mission script guy, I can tell you this place is going to be very rewarding if you find satisfaction in seeing people enjoying and appreciating your work.  

Pop up on discord when you are ready for a quick intro flight and we'll get you folded in.  

/Fargo

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.