Forum

your call sign: Moose

your age (must be over 18 years old): 68

your type of internet connection and speed: wifi – Download – 89 Mbps/ Upload – 68 Mbps

your timezone: MST (Alberta, Canada)

your availability during the week and or weekends.: Have p/t driving job on Tuesday/Thursday. Available any other time depending on shopping assignments for wife. 😊

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: Unknown. Have been away from DCS and sims for a lengthy period. Would guess 100 plus but just getting into helis

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor. Nil

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!) Struggling with this one. Have the Huey but leaning towards AH (Apache is the target) or OH. Hoping that my path will become clearer after speaking with members of the group as I go along.

your expectations w.r.t BSD.

It's been quite some time since I last flew in DCS (X-plane mostly this past year). Obviously I’m extremely rusty but consider myself an “old” diamond in the rough. I expect that I'll be keeping the ground crew gainfully employed making repairs until I get comfy. haha.

I think that I’m drawn to DCS because of the challenge to learn how to handle a study airframe with some resemblance of competency. I value my free time and want to feel a sense of accomplishment – both in tackling the various components of training, and enjoying the camaraderie and friendly banter of an active virtual squadron. 

I’m hoping that getting involved with the group that's focused solely on helicopters will enable me to tap into their expertise as I develop my skills, and I’m really looking forward to participating in as many missions and campaigns as possible. I feel that BSD will provide me with the “biggest bang for my buck”, so to speak.

I'm scheduled for eye surgery tomorrow, so if my application is accepted, I'll make an arrangement for an intro flight when I'm good to go.

Thanks for your consideration

• No replies found for this topic.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.