Forum

Callsign: Dobi

Connection type/speed: 50MBS+

Timezone: CET

Availability: mostly evenings 20.00 h - 23.00 h

Flight Hours: KA-50, approx. 100 hours

Mission Editor knowledge: none

Expectations: Nice people to enjoy the KA-50 with. It sounds simple, but after 2 years with DCS it was actually hard to find a group to enjoy the KA-50 together.

The Kamov was my first DCS module and the reason, why I´ve started with DCS two years ago. I wouldn´t say, that I´m a hardcore simmer with focus in life on DCS or computer simulations, but already had some fun in my teens with Gunship on the C-64 and later on with Jane´s Apache Longbow II. Actually the invention of VR, 2 -3 years ago, brought me back into computer simulation and since then enjoying DCS with constant enthusiasm.

Meanwhile have built up a nice little simpit to have a corner exclusively for DCS. Also got a bunch of different modules for DCS including Nevada-, Persian Gulf- and Normandy map. These days are very exciting for helicopter pilots in DCS with the announcement of the Mi-24 Hind, the Syria map and Kiowa.

You never stop learning in life! DCS is very much about learning the aircraft, what is part of the fun for me and could be even more fun, when learning with likeminded by practicing together.

• Re: New Application for Dobi

by » 4 years ago

Hello Dobi and thanks for this intro. It's always nice to read a bit about new applicants. I see you already had your intro flight today so I guess there is not a lot more to add to this. You got the whole idea. Welcome to the family!

• Re: New Application for Dobi

by » 4 years ago

Thanks again for the welcome here and all the nice welcome greetings via Discord from many pilots. Taking part in the group is not only about sharing the hobby for me, but also about making friends. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.