New Application

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Greetings!

Callsign: Smokey

Internet connection: 1 gig 

Timezone: Zulu-5 (Central) 

Availability: Most evenings 2000-2200, days and weekends in summer

Approx. flight hours: 5 or so

Familiarity with Mission Editor: Little to none but am a quick study. 

Preferred chopper: UH-1 but am willing to learn any that is needed. 

Expectations from BSD:

I'm a science teacher by trade as well as a wildland firefighter in the summers. I work around helicopters for my fire job and am constantly trying to learn more. This squad seems a perfect fit from both the teaching and the learning aspect. I'd expect a bit of grace in the beginning as I start to learn the ropes and then as I hopefully become proficient, transition into helping others learn and become better. It seems a perfect blend of knowledge, structure, participation, and fun that brought me to you. 

I hope to become part of the team

Sincerely,

Smokey 

• Re: New Application

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Smokey,

Thanks for your application, I think you have summed up the Blackshark Den perfectly in that one sentence.

"It seems a perfect blend of knowledge, structure, participation, and fun"

Firstly we will try to set up an Introduction Flight (IF) with you and one of the Instructor pilots or unit trainers. It can be any time that you and a Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free. I see you fly the UH-1, great, There are plenty of Huey drivers here from both sides of the Atlantic.

The IF gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.

Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

I'm sure an IP/UT will be along soon to set a time for your IF. in the mean time feel free to jump on Discord (https://discord.gg/xpJcNt) and say Hi    

Welcome to the BSD.
    Snakepit1
    BSD_EU.

by » 4 years ago

Sounds like a plan. Fire activity has been high and hours have been long lately. Things should be calming down in the next couple of days. I'll schedule an IF flight as soon as I have some days off. Till then, thanks for the patience. 

-Smokey 

by » 4 years ago

No stress Smokey 

We also have crazy wild fires here in Ireland at the minute. It's normal called the emerald island but this year every thing is dry and yellow. 

Check back on when your free and we will put you in touch with one of the ip's or ut's 

Stay safe out there

by » 4 years ago

Anytime Smokey, just say when and we can get you going. Glad to have you on board!

by » 4 years ago

Okay! It finally rained here so I've got some days off. If it isn't too short of notice I'm available this Friday anytime after 1pm central until late night for a TF. Still working on getting microphone set up and some key bindings taken care of but will be ready to go by then. Thanks again! 

Smokey

by » 4 years ago

I can be around Friday say 4pm Est or so.

by » 4 years ago

4:00 EST works for me. I will be on then. Looking forward to it. 

Smokey

by » 4 years ago

It's been a while since online gaming away from PS4 stuff. I'm on discord, I think mic is hooked up correctly. Not sure where to go from there. Haven't done any multiplayer DCS so this might be a slow start, sorry. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.