Forum

Good Morning Folks,

Please accept this as my application for the Black Shark Den.

Call Sign: DentedSoupCan (but most people end up calling me Soup)

Internet: 5G (but feels like dial up some days)

Timezone: UTC -7 (MST)

Availability: Most evenings after 6pm local and most weekends.  I'm a single dad of two amazing teenagers so some days I have all the time in the world and other days I don't have a second to sit down.

Flight Hours: 90 hours

Mission Editor Knowledge: None (but I want to learn!)

Preferred Chopper: Hands down, the Huey. It has been my favorite air frame since childhood. I do have plans to purchase other modules but for now I having too much fun to look elsewhere.

Expectations: I started DCS just over a month ago and am absolutely loving it.  Once I got the hang of flying the Huey, I branched out into multiplayer and found some great servers to fly on. The only drawback is that all of them have been fixed wing focused.  Great people and very helpful but I was seeking a community to join where I could learn from other rotary wing enthusiasts. I know I have a lot to learn and I haven't even scratched the surface of the capabilities of the Huey and rotary aircraft in general. Most of my time has been flying solo on MP servers and I am looking to join up on flights during missions to experience cooperative flying.  Some day I hope to pass along what I learn to those that come behind me so that this community grows and stays active for years to come.

Hopefully I will see you on the helipad.

Cheers!

Soup

• Re: New Application - DentedSoupCan

by » 4 years ago

Hi Soup! Yes, I think we will use this Callsign instead... laughing

Welcome to BSD and thank you for the intro. Yes, there are a very limited amount of public server that actually cares for rotaries (I have heard of only one so far) and those who have chopper slots often added them as an after though since they have no idea how this type of aircraft operates.

I saw you already joined the Discord server. Good. You can give a shout to some @IP or @UT and have your intro flight scheduled or just performed on the spot depending on when you are available. Intro flight is about you meeting us and us meeting you. We are asking some basics like cold starting your Huey, flying straight and leveled at a constant speed. If you can manage that, we'll go into the hovering part, some precision landings and eventually a short VFR navigation. Nothing you need to be worry about. This is all good fun.

Looking forward to flying with you soon.

• Re: New Application - DentedSoupCan

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Soup!  

I think you will like it here and learn a lot. Let's get an intro flight set up so we can get you fully plugged in with the squadron.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.