Forum

Salun Recruitment

in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago

My google on my phone said "Hey, I think you mihgt be interested in this article!" 

Damn you google you were right.

Typically I go by the Callsign of Bigbird, Sally or Sal

A 35 year old male on the North Eastern USA Time zone(-5ZULU)

My on issue is my availability due to my job. I work a very hectic job that means its hard for me to know when I would be available. One week I could be working 40 hours 5 days a week. Having THrusday and sunday off. The next week(I find out on fridays) Im working 55 hours. I have tuesday and wensday off. So nialing down my time my availaibilty is impossible. AS sometimes I work  mornings, sometimes I work nights. 

Although My steam says I've played 500 hours of DCS(roughly two thirds in helicopters) I'd estimate I've probablly gotten closer to 1000 hours in DCS. Saddly as a result of flying I've never really had a chance to dabble in the editor other than making a few simple sling load practice missions

Which brings me to my experience in helicopters. The only helicopter in DCS I'd say Im not massively proficient in is the Gazzele. I never cared much for the flight moel or the weapons systems. 

I started off witht he KA50 when it first released before DCS world was technaclly really even a thing. So I think I can say Im profceint in the KA-50 and its systems.

I was an early backer of the huey and know pretty much everything about her, her systems and how she handles. I've often been with my group of friends one of the soul teachers of helicopters. Though in DCS few of them are into heli's like I am.

However Id have to say the MI-8MTV2 is my bread and butter. From weapons to Dopplar Nav I know most ever system on her. When I said "Imma learn sling loading" She was what I choose to learn on. Not just because she had a larger capacity but because I knew her so well. Hell apperently Im even pretty good at dropping bombs from her.

Its kinda funny that I was so drawn to the MI8 because my first kinda expereinces in an "Mi-8" was when I was sorta a legendary pilot in my DAYZ server(MI-17) Now I am far more interest in flying the real thing

As for expectations Im just happy if I can get a mission from time to time. I like to fly. I've been that dude on some DCS servers that just flys around the carrier picking up crashed pilots when they crash their F-18s on the Cat. Running up into the mountains to pick up crashed pilots. I love it when you get 3 pilots together, fly for 90 minutes super sneaky like and add an AA battery 2 miles away from the enemies airbase. Low and between the trees.

I should also mention I have 2 F-15 kills in the KA50 and one Harrier I killed midair with rockets int he MI-8(Dont fly head on moron)

I admit though my formation flying kind sucks. Often when flying Im flying alone so I could use some practice in that regards.

• Re: Salun Recruitment

by » 3 years ago

Hello Salun and thanks for this very good intro. Always a pleasure to read intros like this.

I think you will like it here. We are not super tight on attendance. If you can make it once a month you will maintain your readiness level with us and be able to fly the missions we are offering. We'll put your Mi-8 pilot skills to a much better use that just picking up the fixed wings boys when they got shot down. That's pretty much the only thing FW guys can think when adding choppers in their missions.

I think you already are on the BSD Discord server so go on and give an IP a shout for your intro flight with us! Just a nice ride to introduce us to you and you to us!

See you soon online!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.