Forum

Howdy!

My name is Alan, (callsign Alligator AlanSiq95#5094 @ Discord) and I love Helis! I've attempted with no success to become a Pilot for the Military Police here in Brazil, with no success. I went that route because they deal with training and qualifications at no expense on my end, but life ended up going somewhere else and I'm happy with it. 

Currently I fly with HOTAS + TrackIR setup and I own PG and Syriah.

Currently I'm 25 years old, live in Brazil (GMT -3) and I play daily anywhere from 19:00 EST up to 23:00 EST during weekdays, and I don't mind extending it further on weekends. I'm happily married and work from home, so you'll see me in discord/forums a lot when I'm not too busy at work. 

I've spent approximately 10-15 hours flying the UH-1H mostly doing single player campaigns or logistics on PGAW / GAW servers. I'm still learning how to properly navigate with the Huey and use the ADF + other comms. I have a LOT to work on to say the least. I'm more or less decent with hovering the aircraft (I'm not the guy that will blow everyone up by accident, but I can't open bottles with my skids either. I have never tried to fly formation with helis before and I'm still practicing landing patterns. 

I expect to have guidance on BSD to eventually fly missions (even the most complex types) one day. I'll go beyond to practice on my own and with help, but I could use help to find out what I should work on. Also, I want to chill, talk about helis, have a good laugh and have fun. I'm interested in the hardcore simulation aspect with proper radio callouts and realism, not so much of the casual type.

I love my Huey, but I will go full nerd on the Apache once it comes out! 

Be advised I also fly the A-10C II every other sunday with another squad. I hope it's not a problem.

• Re: Alligator introduction!

by » 3 years ago

Hi Alligator and thanks for this introduction! Always nice to read about our new pilots. 

After flying multi player, it might become hard to come back to single player! Be aware! wink

No problem flying with other squads as long as you can fly with us at least once a month. Plus, we have zero fixed wing activity here so there is no conflict of interest!

We are trying to make everyone happy and it's always a thin line to walk on. Between the hardcore milsim pilots and the casual ones. We are trying to bring as much realism as we can (with the limit of DCS) but not to a point that it kills the fun or the will for our pilots to come and fly with us. 

Next step for you is to come to our Discord server (check front page) and have your introduction flight with an IP or UT. Give us a shout on the sign-in channel. There is always plenty of really nice BSD members to answer you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.