Forum

Flight simmer since 98 off and on

• Re: New recruit checkin in

by » 4 years ago

Hi Twister.

Sorry but is this your intro?

by » 4 years ago

Hi and welcome, tell us a little about you.
    What part of the world are you from, whats your favorite chopper, what are you looking for in a squad?

I'm BK, on the East coast SW Virginia. I started back with Flanker 2.5 so '98, '99ish? Before DCS was DCS! I do love me some WW2 bombers as well so I do IL2 CLOD and BOX as a beta tester.

My favorite chopper has to be the KA-50, I was fixed wing all the way until I got it in 2011. It took some time for me to get used to it but as soon as I did I loved it. And that is what brought me here.

I kept seeing this BaD_CRC guy answering questions on the ED forum and he had a squad called Blacksharkden, so I thought well that's the place for me to go. Been here ever since. :)

BK

by » 4 years ago

Im from Texas and like I posted Ive been simmin since 98 off and on ,Right now I fly the huey but i havent been at it long but I can hover and pretty much keep a straight line,I have all the DCS helo modules but I prefer the huey,Im a Retired Millwright/Pump mechanic(Petro Chemicalplants here in houston)).I fly in VR usin an index for now, I have a Pimax 8Kx preordered(god only knows how long itll be till it gets here)I used to ride Harleys but thats gotten to dangerous in the city(so I sold my last one in may of last year after 50 years of ridin.I can pretty much show up for most nights for flyin unless im drinkin(which happens couple times a month) .as far as the squad I love flyin with other people AI dont do it for me just aint the same.Im a member of the 7th Cav. so thats gonna take sunday evenins and sometimes one evenin during the week.

im also starting to dabble in IL2 have pretty much all of their stuff even TC, got the new one preordered as well.

by » 4 years ago

Awesome, the huey is a great chopper and a very popular one here. Most of our members are VR, we do have a few that are Track IR still. You would be in the US group but if you are on line during the day you can fly with the EU group as well. 

US training nights are normally Tuesdays or Thursdays at 9 pm EDT. But it can be other days as well just depends who's on. Most days you can get a flight in with a few guys. Missions are scheduled in advance and sometimes are on Saturdays so the EU group can join as well. And they are a lot of fun.

Next thing to do is set up a time to meet and do an intro flight. Nothing special just a chance to get together fly around a bit, chat, get to know each other and see what we do, see where you are with your skills and what if anything to work on.

I see you are on our Discord so that's good. Most of the flights will be set up on it. Just a few guys "Hey lets go fly in the server" type of thing. So when you are free we can set that up.

As for the IL2 stuff its great, not  clickpit as DCS but still fun, TC is coming along great as is the rest of it.

And I feel your pain on the bike. My family if you don't have a hog in the driveway.. whats wrong with you? I gave it up in 2006 too many people on their phones not watching for bikers. I miss getting in the wind, but I don't want to get hit because some soccer mom in a mini van is tweeting while she drives!

Lets get a time to get together with one of our instructors could be me or Fargo or any IP that on line to get the intro done. I would love to do it but I'm in telecommunications and we are going nuts with this whole stay at home stuff. We have to keep the comms up for everyone and 911 too! So if I'm free I'll do it.

Great to meet you Twister. I'll see you around I'm sure

BK.

by » 4 years ago

One thing Ive never used discord for in game comms (Ive been outta the loop for a few years 2014)so Ill need a lil help with that.Do you guys have servers or does somebody just host one?

by » 4 years ago

We have two servers that run 24/7 and as a member you can control them to load any mission you want. Discord voice is not so bad, and you will need Simple radio as well. It lets you use the aircraft radios in game. But we can get to that later,one thing for Discord voice or Simple radio you want to set up a push to talk button or PTT. No one needs to hear a hot mic, dogs barking or wife talking to you. Lets get the intro done and we can go from there. If you need some help message me on Discord and I can help you with setting up the voice chat.

by » 4 years ago

Ok thanks

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.