Forum

• c/s LATEO
  • 48 years young
  • Fast enough to fly coop in an 8 ship formation with gunship and fast air support with my US buddies from the 229th
  • ZULU UTC +0
  • Fluctuates, once I have a routine I try to stick to it!
  • UH-1 well over 1000 hours....MI8 at least 300.....KA50.....50hours....SA342...500hours (Army Air Corps variant 12 hours in RL!)
  • Dabbled with it to recreate some basic missions similar to my military experience
  • I'm a slick driver and a Crocodile driver but also love the Gazelle obviously!
  • Most of all enjoy my precious time on here, camaraderie and enhance my knowledge. I like to get stuck into multiplayer coop missions. My name is Al I am from the United Kingdom and I live in the parish of Great Sankey between Manchester and Liverpool. I have a busy job I'm the Head of Projects for a global business. I’ve just spent 4-months in Johannesburg so I'm a little rusty on the pedals and stick. I’m also a military veteran served 22-years in the British Army between 1989-2011, I did try out for rotary aviator in the nineties, got through to going solo and then then they suspended me from flying permanently. I had astigmatism in my left eye they said it would affect my ability to gauge depth when flying with NVGs!

• I was also a member of the 229th and for a while was a pretty regular participant as number 2 in formation in Coop missions run by the 229th.

However, I am not currently active with the 229th. I fly in VR I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS with a custom extension I also have Saitek Proflight pedals. I’m Competent with OVGME...Discord...Teamspeak...and SRS.

Due to my work in Johannesburg, I was away from the stick and have realised some of my flying buddies have now joined BSD. So I would like to jump back in. I hope I can contribute and fit into the BSD,
  • Re: C/S LATEO reporting for Flying Proficiency grading with the BSD

by » 4 years ago

Hi Lateo. Thanks for joining and your great intro. We opened a EU branch this year to cater for the many pilots on this side of the Atlantic who want to fly RW. BlackWolf is in charge of this branch so he should be contacting you soon on Discord to have your intro flight. With your experience with the 229th, I am sure it will be a walk in the park for you.

Looking forward to flying with you soon.

by » 4 years ago

Thanks Lateo for the great write up! I know we spoke on Discord but I will post it here as well.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

by » 4 years ago

Awesome to have you aboard Sir!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.