Forum

Introduction

in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago

My nickname for many years has been Scoop.  I answer to a range of other names according to who I have upset in life, which is rare! 

I served with the British Army and then became a moderately experienced professional pilot.  I retired early as a consequence of a chemical accident at work but was able to resume flying professionally on different aircraft over the following years.  While off sick I did a degree to keep my mind busy.   Since recovering from a further  bout of ill health I supposedly retired early, this time for good..  As a hobby I went back into instructing on TMG, SLMG and SEP.  Flying these then became almost a full time job as my school discovered I still had a range of qualifications andthey made me the Chief Instructor.  Covid forced a further break in my flying over the last year which was aided by a further bout of medical issues related to the chemica.l incident. A DCS and real life friend (who was one of my flying students) gifted me the Huey module and got me into DCS.   

My real helicopter time was an hour in an AAC Gazelle on the right seat with a QHI as a reward for my doing his SEP skill test.  I have had two hours in an R22, but not with an instructor so it doesnt count.  I have a lot of hours in the left seat of Gazelles but with the controls removed on my side. 

Ihave good availability and I hope to improve the accuracy of my flying and operate in the company of amiable people/new friends.

1063_1_pilot.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.