Forum

New Recruit

in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago

call sign -
XEN (Hectic Crab)

your age-
Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matte (40 ish)

Type of internet connection and speed -
34mbps Slow as Fu## compared to most other peoples internet but it works and it`s stable and wired.

Time zone -
Zulu

Availability during the week and or weekends. -
(WEEK DAYS) I work shift work so am all over the chip shop, But if you give me enough notice i am more than likely available.
(WEEK ENDS) Available Saturday nights and Sundays , just depends how much rum i have consumed the night before.

Approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS -
TBH very minimal , i have spent more time in other combat sims. I am willing to put in the hrs to make the cut , i work well under pressure and enjoy 360 feed back and sh#t talk ( i`m sure Miki will have plenty to flow in my direction!!) Take it as you see it but the challenge of taming Helo`s to me is a worth while investment.

Knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor -
Only the basic open map , put helo on map ,choose direction/ orientation of aircraft on map ,load out, type of start up for aircraft , difficulty / qty of Ai on map e.c.t

Preferred chopper (you can love them all!) -
After seeking advice on BSD discord i am investing time / cutting my teeth in the UH-1, it`s quirky bugger but am loving it!! Also love the AH-64

Your expectations w.r.t BSD. -
I am looking to be part of a ACTIVE community / band of brothers who like to hang out chew the fat and have each others back!!my time is precious to me as im sure its to the BSD community. I am also more than happy to have tactical training but not full on OCD Hooah and the finer points of being a better pilot.

On a final note i know that i`m not ready to take the exam just yet and i have seen what is required for me to pass, but your feedback @Dj & Harkani has helped me a bloody great deal already and a massive thank you to the both of you !!

• Re: New Recruit

by » 3 years ago

Welcome bud!

Don't be afraid of the Intro flight. You can see how you get on and if you aren't to standard just practice and come back for another go.

If you need some instruction on anything let me know - I'll happily fly left seat and go through stuff to help.

You won't be disappointed with the Sqn though - community is superb and we'll help you fly to a very good standard so long as you're willing to put the work in 👍🏻

Look forward to flying with you.

DJ

Thank you said by:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.