Forum

your call sign: Wraith
your age: 48
your type of internet connection and speed: 40Mbps/10Mbps
your timezone: Romeo
your availability during the week and or weekends: Most evenings during the week, most days of the weekend.
your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: 90+ hours on the UH-1H
your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Basic missions.  Have dabbled a bit with CTLD and MIST
your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): UH-1H
your expectations w.r.t BSD.: To hone my flying skill in a more structured way. Participate in structured missions.  I like fixed wing, but my passion always has been for helicopters (way back to the FSX days)

• Re: Application for Wraith

by » 5 years ago

Hello Wraith,

Thanks for this presentation. I would recommend you to join our Discord server in order to give us a shout and let us know when you can jump in an intro flight with one or several of our pilots (at least one IP/UT required). Nothing hard. Just flying around, meet the guys and have a quick evaluation of your ability to fly a chopper. UH-1H is a good start to learn how to fly RW although you might find yourself limited after some time as it is somewhat limited in what it can do and very simple systems wise. Ideally, one attack and one transport helicopter will allow you to fly more often. But it's up to you really.

We are flying OpenBeta only for DCS and we are using SRS (SimpleRadio) software (free) for the radio communications. If you don't have SRS installed, that's fine, we will stay on Discord to talk. We will later help you to install SRS. Push to talk for both Discord and SRS are required (to avoid hot mic).

I am assuming you have a full control setup (joystick, throttle, rudder)? Not mandatory but it is hard to fly RW correctly without them.

Looking forward to fly with you very soon.

by » 5 years ago

Hi,

In reply, I have joined the discord server and also managed to install SRS but haven't been able to test it. Discord and SRS are rather new to me as I've only used TS with a couple of friends.  I'm equipped with Logitech X56 with Saitek rudder pedals and Rift S VR.

I'm free most nights so anytime for an intro flight I should be able to make work.

Thanks

by » 5 years ago

Are you US East coast time?

by » 5 years ago

Yes.  EDT.

by » 5 years ago

OK. Good. We'll have you at a training session. They usually start a 2100 New York time. Is it ok for you? You have a day in the week you like best? Or maybe we can do something during this weekend. 

by » 5 years ago

Any evening next week is good for me

Thanks

by » 5 years ago

Excellent, and great to have you aboard Wraith.

by » 5 years ago

Good evening all. I'm available any evening for a training mission. Thanks

by » 5 years ago

Hi, wondering if you all forgot about me?

by » 5 years ago

Wraith,

Jump on Discord and let's fly. Don't wait to be contacted. Join the Discord server when you see a training on the website and ask to join.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.