Forum

• your call sign
    • Fireball
  • your age (must be over 18 years old)
  • your type of internet connection and speed
    • 4G LTE Hotspot, about 1.5mbs (no issues with MP Servers)
  • your timezone
    • +5 (EST / EDST)
  • your availability during the week and or weekends.
    • Good most weekends, week days depend on work (I work at a hospital)
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS
    • 70 flight hours, about 40 in BS2
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor
    • I know where to find it ... that's about it really
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!)
    • Black Shark 2, only Rotary wing module i have but will get more soon
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.
    • Be able to fly and co-ordinate with other players to complete missions, specific roles like "Light Armour target/Infantry suppression", "Heavy armoured Targets" and so on
  • Re: Application for Fireball

by » 5 years ago

Welcome!

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Fireball and thank you for your application. Don't bother with other fixed wing module. Just stick with the Rotaries. wink (in general, you can't have a decent level in any modules if you are flying too many of them). I recommend you though to try to get familiar with a transport helicopter too like the Mi8 (this will work well with the Ka50) because our missions are not always covering all the platforms. 

Anyway. I saw you did the right thing and joined the BSD discord channel. You just need to get an IP on the channel (Fargo, Eagle-Rising or myself for the Ka50)  and setup an introduction flight for your quick evaluation. You have 1 month to do your evaluation flight. Then we are asking our pilots to fly at least once a month to maintain currency.

See you very soon!

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Fireball! 

As Bad said get with one of us (Red or Blue guys on Discord) to set up a flight. The Ka-50 works a little different from the others, trim is different as its made to fly itself allowing you to go heads down in cockpit and use the weapons. Mi-8 or a Huey is a great choice for a lift/gunship chopper to have, or both if you can catch a sale. I like them both but lean more to the UH-1H for a new pilot to rotary wings as its more forgiving as far as VRS, simple systems IMO.

To quote my buddy Nero on the KA-50 "Controlling the KA-50 feels like a discussion with the autopilot and trim system about the flight direction"

:) Look forward to flying with you.

BK

Thank you said by:

by » 5 years ago

Thanks all,

This last week has been a real rollercoaster with work (I work at a hospital) and with family.

I hope to fly with you all soon.
    I will be organizing the first flight soon

See you on Discord

Fireball

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.