Forum

Callsign: Joker

Connection type/speed: Comcast/150Mbps

Timezone: -8 GMT (PST)

Availability: Most Sunday Evenings and various times throughout the week. Usually in the evenings.

Flight Hours: Probably around 120+hrs, mostly in the UH-1H, but all VR single-player

Mission Editor knowledge: Slim to none

Expectations: Looking for a chance to fly online with like minded, mature individuals and also learn how to increase my abilities in the various helicopter airframes within DCS.

• Re: Application for Joker

by » 5 years ago

Hi Joker,

Welcome to BSD! Our official flights usually take place during the week in the evening. But there is always some activity on the servers during the weekend. We'll need to have you at a intro flight to get to know you better and for our IP to evaluate the training required to bring you up to the level where you will be able to fly combat missions in MP with us.

Join us on our Discord server so you can get in touch with our members and exchange in real time on what's cooking. 

Looking forward to fly with you soon! 

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Joker!

You have come to the right group. We fly all the choppers and have training in place for them. Just because we are named the BlackSharkDen doesn't mean that's all we fly! (don't ask how many times I've been asked that) :)

On line is a bit different than SP (no pause button to get a beer or hit the head). Most of they guys here are in VR as well. We have Vive, Rift and Odyssey plus pilots. Being on the West coast mission times may not match up during the week as well for you as the weekend will. 

We have quite a few guys flying from that coast. We do have pilots like me that are more active on the weekend and sometimes on later at night East coast time during the week and that would be prime time for you.

First thing we want to do is go fly. Nothing hard, just take off fly around do some pilot stuff. It's not a test, just a chance to meet you, talk with you make sure you like us and think you will be a good fit. It's a time to go over what we do, how we do and get to know each other. After that, if you like it and want to join the boy band you will be set as a Trainee role on Discord and the website, assigned to an awesome trainer wearing Ray-bans, like myself. From there we will go through what airframe you want to work on the most first and the tasks we need to do to get you there.

Most of it can be done in a few flights, depending on your level and what you feel you need to work on. After that you get your own set of Ray-bans.

Welcome to the group!

BK

by » 5 years ago

Thanks for the welcome guys! Looking forward to getting online and meeting you.

So, I read through the steps and all that is left is to go flying. How do we make that happen?

Thanks,
    Jim

by » 5 years ago

Just post up a day/night, time when you are free and a unit trainer will set up a flight. You will see it on the right side of the webpage, click on it and register for the flight and we go fly. it may be you and the UT or other pilots may come in to fly as well. Its very informal and just a hey what's up type of flight.

by » 5 years ago

Great, thanks! Do I put that here?

If so, how about this Sunday evening (Feb 3rd), say around 6:00pm or 7:00pm PST?

Thanks
    Jim

by » 5 years ago

I favor oakleys when instructing.  

You will learn a LOT and have a great time doing it here.  Welcome!

by » 5 years ago

LOL, Fargo!

Sure Joker I'm free around that time. I'll put something on the web for it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.