Forum

Application: Xav

in RECRUITMENT 5 years ago

your call sign: Xav

your age: 50

your type of internet connection and speed: download32Mbps upload 6Mbps

your timezone: UTC+1

your availability during the week and or weekends: Depending on my shiftwork (helicopter pilot), and family. I can spare a lot of time during the day, and at least 2 evenings a week.

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: 6 months on DCS, around 100.

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Only did very simple missions for formation flight training, target practice, and navigation.

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): I love the Mi-8, huge beast. Not that much the UH-1, lack of power and rotor got too much inertia. Not fond of the Gazelle, nice to fly a bit around but jumping from one seat to another is a tactical nightmare for me.

your expectations w.r.t BSD: I would love to improve my flying skills and share some knowledge with fellow players, as well as flying with real persons. It's all about sharing and having fun.

• Re: Application: Xav

by » 5 years ago

Hi Xav! And welcome to BSD!

It's great to have a new pro joining here. Most of our activity is taking place in the US but we are getting a lot of applications from Europe too. The problem so far is that our flights are very late for our European pilots. So unless we are getting a more local organization co located in Europe, it's going to be difficult for you to regularly take part in our trainings and missions. You are very welcome to join one of our Training Tuesday and discuss about this. Join us on discord (see the toolbar on your right) and we'll have you for an intro session in no time.

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Xav!

Glad to have a new pro joining us. As Bad said most of the times are US based but we do have a good amount of European pilots and weekends are looking like a good time to fly for us.

If you have some free time this weekend we could get together and fly a little. 1800 or 1900 Zulu ok? Are you on our Discord link yet? Are you familiar with Simple Radio? Its not needed for an intro flight but I was just wondering if you heard of it.

Look forward to flying with you sir.

BK 

by » 5 years ago

Hey!

Thanks.

I shall have some time this week-end, I will drop you a message on discord.

Yes I do have Simple Radio, didn't use it much but I have it.

See you soon.

Xav

by » 5 years ago

Xav,

Following your intro flight last Saturday, I got your account setup as Trainee with rank of Private and Readiness Level of 3. You should have access to the Pilot's mess and the restricted library. Please have a look at the welcome guide here: https://www.blacksharkden.com/documentation/documents/tutorials/139-the-bsd-guide

It should also be a good time to start to have a look at our SOP here: https://www.blacksharkden.com/documentation/documents/operational-manuals/irl-documentation/138-bsd-standard-operating-procedures

Again, welcome to BSD and I hope to see you around often.

BaDCrC

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.