Forum

your call sign: iFixnightmares

your age: 42

your type of internet connection and speed: download 140Mbps upload 20Mbps

your timezone: UTC+1

your availability during the week and or weekends: depending on my shiftwork (airplane maintenance engineer), and other hobby flying SEP (A) unable to determine when to be available, also have a family and 1 daughter of 6. But i spend maybe approx 8hours a week on DCS MP. I am as well on P3D....

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: Since 2 years on DCS, expect around 500.

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Never generated missions so far.

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): I'm obsessed with the Huey, since i was 8 years..... now since 2 years on DCS with the HTC Vive and i was hooked...-)

your expectations w.r.t BSD: I feel i'm a little stranded now with the available mission and campaigns in DCS, even MP not much of rotary pilots. I would like to learn a lot more in respect to flying the huey realistcally. 

• Re: new application iFixnightmares

by » 5 years ago

Hello iFixNightmares. Wow, this is gonna be complicated to use your callsign on the radio. laughing Hey, we are flying mostly US EST time during the week, with sometimes some flights during the weekend, but it is not systematic. If it is ok for you, we are welcoming new comers during our training Tuesdays. Next one is....Tuesday the 13th at 9pm EST. I saw you already joined our discord server. It's great since this is where we are meeting and discussion before any flights. We are using simple Radio. I guess you are familiar with this since you are flying MP. 

by » 5 years ago

Welcome to the group Ifixnightmares!

You've come to the right group for all things rotor wing. A good number of our pilots use the Huey in most missions. Its my favorite next to my KA-50.

You mentioned the Vive, most of us use VR either Vive or Rift. I'm on the Vive for the room scale games too. (Iron Wolf and Arizona Sunshine are awesome!) 

Badcrc isn't a facehugger yet but he has a very cool pit to play with.

We have our servers running 24/7 with a lot to do in the mission. So most times you can find someone on Discord to fly or may be people in the server.

I hope to see you today at the open house as well. 1500 EST/2000Z Look forward to flying with you.

BK

by » 5 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome!

indeed that what you are saying may become compromising for me due to the different timezone..

However i will do my best to participate.

i did not know you had servers running 24/7, are the available via the dcs MP screen?

looking forward to learn from your fantastic group!

i enjoyed the you tube movie concerning the real life huey flight. WHAT A DREAM-) you guys managed to perform!!

by » 5 years ago

Welcome!   

Lately there are people flying both Saturdays and Sundays, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding people on the servers.

Server 1 runs a huge multi-mission (Caucasus and PG maps each have a version) and the IP is 104.137.108.73.  Server 2 usually runs a dedicated training mission with fixed LZ's in it, a static range and other activities.

I point out that we ONLY fly the OpenBeta version of DCS so make sure you are on that.  There's an open mission day today at 1500 EST if you can join.

/Fargo

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.