Forum

Another introduction

in RECRUITMENT 11 months ago
Hey there,

took me some days to make up my mind regarding with which helicopter to start in here. I eventually chose the Ka-50 but I think I might regret it already. The thing is, of all the DCS helos out there, I certainly have the most experience in the Ka-50, yet I have to admit that I am much more interested in the Apache and it's not because of the Apache's iconic role.

From RL I am used to operate a 2engined mostly glass cockpit helicopter and that is why the Apache appeals so much more to me. Playing around with avionics and displays while learning their capabilities in and out is my thing. The Shark can't provide this - while the fun to fly a Shark like a sports car is unbeatable and I am missing it quite often.
So, dear staff, feel free to move my application from Ka-50 to AH-64. Down the road this will very likely make me end up as a much more efficient member of this community and if I understand it correctly, I can still fly Ka-50 with you anyway.

Call sign - Rongor, in Discord it's Go_Rongor
 Age - mid40s
 Internet connection - 250 mbps
 Time Zone - GMT+1 (+2 during summer time)
 Availability - Often quite flexible throughout the day, likely at sleep between midnight and dawn (European)
 Hours in DCS - some thousand, never kept track, started with LOMAC, BlackShark1 and A-10C, before DCS was born. Before ED's stuff, I was an avid MS FS pilot starting with FS3 and enjoy some civilian flying in MSFS until this day.
  Mission Editor knowledge - I never do much beyond what I need for practicing something specific, dislike the editor for its horrible interface and lack of documentation
  Preferred chopper - this is a difficult question, see further text above
  Expectations - Enjoying more "serious" group action, being around people who know their stuff, might tell me things I don't know yet and who are as interested in some of the details as I am, willing to study and read a lot.

I like procedures, I like to play it safe, not in a rush. I use to carry my RL experience in multicrew-coordination and crew resource management into the simulation and this helped my several times to safely RTB. I love reconnaisance missions, data gathering and to provide pictures.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.