Forum

MrHappy applying

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

your call sign: MrHappy

your age: 38

your type of internet connection and speed: Fiber cable, 150ish mb down, 50ish mb upload. Easily able to host servers for at least couple of people.

your timezone: GMT + 2

your availability during the week: Depends on my work schedule as I work shifts. Usually I am available most days of the week for at least few hours, unless real life (wife?) get's in the way. Some weeks I will fly before afternoon, some weeks during afternoon hours.

number of flight hours already spent on DCS: Unable to give exact amount. I am learning to fly Viper for 6 months, trying to practice at least every other day for 2 hours.

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Unfortunately not much to tell, can tweak training missions that someone makes for me but that's all

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): The Mighty 8 !

your expectations w.r.t BSD.: To become a tiny part of well coordinated team. Also fun (it's a game, no point to play if there's no fun) and learning new stuff.

• Re: MrHappy applying

by » 4 years ago

Welcome mr Happy! 

Thanks for this intro. Yes, wife  is the biggest GO/NO GO factor in this hobby. We all have to deal with her for the  best of the  worst. Good to see a new Hip driver. I am pretty sure you will find flying her much more rewarding than flying any fixed wing. I saw you on Discord so you only need to have your intro flight with an instructor (or maybe you did already?) and you should be good to go for your next great adventure with this awesome team.

Looking forward to seeing you in the virtual skies*

*below 200ft

BaDCrC

by » 4 years ago

Official post: 

Welcome Mr Happy!

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

Check your DM's and lets get you going!

by » 4 years ago

Glad to see you decided to join sorry you did not chose the Gazelle but you have fly what's right for you so welcome look forward to flying missions with you

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.